Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this auction a joke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
he thinks what he is saying is correct

I wrote to him and we went back and forth a couple of times. Told me I was wrong about it being Joba.

I asked him to look into it further, and even directed him to these boards..

skrip

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
How about your auction that you're using a scan of a Rick Porcello orange ref that has nothing to do with the auction? Talk about misleading. Sure you state in the fine print that it's not included but still it is misleading.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Rickzcards said:
How about your auction that you're using a scan of a Rick Porcello orange ref that has nothing to do with the auction? Talk about misleading. Sure you state in the fine print that it's not included but still it is misleading.

Really low on his part.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Rickzcards said:

Really low on his part.
+1

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Ye I had one guy hell-bent on using just BV. I gave him a good offer, but he insisted on listing it over and over at a higher price...

koal

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Rickzcards said:

Really low on his part.

not to mention the todd frazier red ref. auction he is running and its at $182 and he knows the card does not even exist. the red refs. were damaged in transit and will be replaced with different cards. i called topps after he tried to swindle me on it.

A_Pharis

koal said:
mredsox89 said:
Rickzcards said:

Really low on his part.

not to mention the todd frazier red ref. auction he is running and its at $182 and he knows the card does not even exist. the red refs. were damaged in transit and will be replaced with different cards. i called topps after he tried to swindle me on it.

Wow! Really?

Low, jd... very low.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
p.s. i trust this dude as far as i can throw him. he comes on here and claims he sent topps a reg. refractor frazier then they send him a replacement for a red ref. it was a case or box of cards or whatever. he busts it and makes a post on here about getting one over on topps. the mods delete it. then he posts another box break and claims he just pulled a red ref. frazier. my ass.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
koal said:
mredsox89 said:
Rickzcards said:

Really low on his part.

Care to explain your side of this story jd? I don't know if you've been on since this post, but silence will not be good here.

Craig

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
koal said:
p.s. i trust this dude as far as i can throw him. he comes on here and claims he sent topps a reg. refractor frazier then they send him a replacement for a red ref. it was a case or box of cards or whatever. he busts it and makes a post on here about getting one over on topps. the mods delete it. then he posts another box break and claims he just pulled a red ref. frazier. my ass.

It's possible Topps screwed up. Instead of sending me the Orange Refractor I redeemed, they sent me a base refractor. I'm still fighting with them to get my Orange.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
koal said:

It was deleted because it was shady and we didn't want him spamming something that is just simply cheating Topps.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
1) The box I received from Topps was their mistake. I am not trying say to I pulled one over on them, but anyone here would have busted the box that they received. I got the box in the mail, seen a box of Topps Triple Threads...I didn't even see the notice they sent until after I busted it. The notice said they sent this as a replacement for the RED Frazier I redeemed. As of that date, I never redeemed a Red, only a Refractor. I would have busted the bust either way and 95% of everyone here would have to. If you wouldn't I guess you are a saint.

2) I bought a case of 2007 BDPP two weeks ago and ironically I pull a Red Frazier

3) I called Topps after I was told by the other member that the Red Ref were destroy and was told something else. They said the redemption is a low #'d card and they did not know if they had it or not. They said mail the redemption in and I would receive the card in 4-6 weeks like the other Frazier's. If the card is destroyed or not, I don't know. I have the right to sell the redemption for what it is a redemption. Buying a redemption is a risk in itself, just like I took with buying 50+ redemptions of Montero. If someone buys it's not like they are getting nothing. They will get the Red Frazier or a replacement. If the replacement is a high end card, I am sure no one here would be complaining. The risk of getting or not getting the card will be priced into the auction.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Everyone wants to crucify my here, but I have received conflicting reports from Topps. What am I supposed to do?

Why is selling a questionable redemption a problem? Shouldn't a buyer do their due dilligence when buying a questionable card?

How is this different than a buyer going to a show a screwing a seller that doesn't know what a card is worth?

Bottom line: do your homework before buying or selling.

Members online

Latest posts