Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possible Prospects I can watch in Low A Spokane (Rangers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
1) Neftali Feliz, RHP, Grade A: I don’t give out Grade As lightly, especially to pitchers. I might go down to A-.

2) Justin Smoak, 1B, Grade A-: I like him better than Alonso and Hosmer, and frankly I can’t believe the Rangers got him.

3) Elvis Andrus, SS, Grade A-: Should I go with B+ here? Athletic, very young for Double-A, I think the Renteria comparisons are apt and Andrus could be better.

4) Derek Holland, LHP, Grade B+: He’s great, but I worry that sometimes a step backward can follow such a breakout. Can he maintain late-season velocity?

5) Taylor Teagarden, C, Grade B: Excellent glove with power, could hit anywhere from .230 to .280 though.

6) Julio Borbon, OF, Grade B: I was too hard on him last year, and I buy into the idea that he can refine his game.

7) Engel Beltre, OF, Grade B: Read the comment below.

8) Michael Main, RHP, Grade B: Impressive Midwest League performance, and if instructional league reports are accurate he is primed for a huge breakout.

9) Max Ramirez, C-1B, Grade B: I love this bat. Glove might not be QUITE as bad as everyone says, but it isn’t good enough for him to rank higher.

10) Martin Perez, LHP, Grade B-: Very young, very high ceiling, will need time.

11) Kasey Kiker, LHP, Grade B-: Almost reduced to C+ but something is holding me back. Not sure what, need to think about it.

12) Neil Ramirez, RHP, Grade C+: Almost a B-. Another young pitcher with breakthrough potential. Another changable grade.

13) Guillermo Moscoso, RHP, Grade C+: Nice pickup from the Tigers. Durability and role are issues.

14) Kennil Gomez, RHP, Grade C+: Breakthrough candidate if his arm is OK. I think he is right up there with some of these other guys who get more press.

15) Blake Beavan, RHP, Grade C+: Loss of velocity is disturbing, but other skills got better.

16) Wilfredo Boscan, RHP, Grade C+: Yet another breakthrough candidate. Low-A is gonna be loaded in '09.

17) Tim Murphy, LHP, Grade C+: Nice pick from 2008 draft, could advance quickly as an inning-eater if his command is there.

18) Wilmer Font, RHP, Grade C+: Huge upside, could easily rank as high as 12 if you prefer youth. Worried about injury nexus and command.

19) Tommy Hunter, RHP, Grade C+: He was rushed, but could still be a nice strike-throwing inning eater. Could rank as high as 12th if you want guys close to the Show.

20) Eric Hurley, RHP, Grade C+: Worried about health here. I held onto him too long as a higher-ranked prospect, but could do better with a change of scenery.

21) Robbie Ross, LHP, Grade C+: Young high school pick with no pro track record yet.

22) Omar Poveda, RHP, Grade C+: In danger of getting lost in the shuffle, but still interesting.

23) Joe Wieland, RHP, Grade C+: Sleeper high school arm from ’08 draft, breakthrough candidate.

24) Jose Vallejo, 2B, Grade C+: Speedster added some pop this year, good glove at second.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Ran Across that article....didn't know rangers had so many solid prospects,t hough i doubt any of the A or B guys will be in low class A

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
I was just saying. These guys have the POTENTIAL to end up in Spokane........9/10's of the guys will never see lower than High A though, if that.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
rico08 said:
I got my degree from Gonzaga and after four years I never caught a game.

How's the stadium?

Im getting mine from Whitworth right now

Its actually a pretty nice stadium for Low A ball.

The Indians are the Third highest attended Sports Event in the Inland Northwest behind the Spokane Chiefs and WSU Football

centerfieldsports

Aug 7, 2008
Everett Mall, Everett, WA
you will have a better chance to see guys they draft this year if they sign them quick, I am a sponser for the everett aquasox, and most of the time you don't get the top level prospects unless they are non draft signings (halman) or you just get them for a few games (clement, jones) but you can get luckey and watch tillman pitch all season as well

Members online

Latest posts