Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What feedback do I leave?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
I bought a card on ebay, hadn't gotten a shipped notice after 7 days so I email the seller on Friday and ask if it had gone out yet. No big deal if it hadn't as life sometimes happens and there is a delay. He emals back and says he will get back to me Monday. So I wait and there was nothing from him when I got home from work so I mail him again. Get a response saying the card must have been stolen from him and he will refund my money. He did, but it is still pending in paypal for some reason. So I don't know if this is a story or it actually happened. Couldn't he have told me that on Friday also? I am tempted to leave a negative as I really wanted that card. Just looking for other opinions. Thanks

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
That is most likely what I will do, just annoyed that he couldn't have told me the same thing on Friday. Just makes it a little harder for me to take his story as the truth.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
timryan111 said:
That is most likely what I will do, just annoyed that he couldn't have told me the same thing on Friday. Just makes it a little harder for me to take his story as the truth.

Maybe the seller has a job/life/family and spent some free time on the weekend searching the house for the card before issuing the refund? On ebay, you are dealing with individuals, who in most cases sell items in their spare time....not Wal-mart that is staffed 24/7.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
leave a neutral and tell other buyers the truth. he refunded your money but wasted your time. then block him.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Neutral. Based on their story they sold a card they no longer had but refunded your money promptly. I don't see any problem in leaving non malicious feedback stating what happened "Seller was unable to locate card for shipment, was promptly refunded in full". Truth or not, you're not getting the card so I'd move on.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
timryan111 said:

Maybe the seller has a job/life/family and spent some free time on the weekend searching the house for the card before issuing the refund? On ebay, you are dealing with individuals, who in most cases sell items in their spare time....not Wal-mart that is staffed 24/7.

That is true but not in this case, almost 16,000 pieces of feedback. He runs a shop so selling cards is his job..I'm not going to leave a negative. Probably not leaving any feedback at all. He does also have 4 neutrals in the past month.

A_Pharis

timryan111 said:
muchuckwagon said:
timryan111 said:

That is true but not in this case, almost 16,000 pieces of feedback. He runs a shop so selling cards is his job..I'm not going to leave a negative. Probably not leaving any feedback at all. He does also have 4 neutrals in the past month.

Hahahaha. Zing.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Bornagaincollector said:
I would leave a positive,because he answered both of your emails and also issued you refund.

I wholeheartedly disagree..I would leave neutral or none. He wasted your time and tied up $$..While the $$ may not be a huge deal, my time (as Im sure yours is) is valuable :D

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
Bornagaincollector said:
I would leave a positive,because he answered both of your emails and also issued you refund.

I wholeheartedly disagree..I would leave neutral or none. He wasted your time and tied up $$..While the $$ may not be a huge deal, my time (as Im sure yours is) is valuable :D

I agree with you, the money isn't a huge deal...about $85 so not a big amount but it was most definately a waste of time, and to have to wait until Monday for something he could have told me Friday in the first email.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
He listed a card to sell, you won, and paid on time. He did not provide the card.

He did give you a refund, but did not full fill his side of the agreement. I would at least give a neutral

This has happened to me a couple of times. The first time the seller offer to send me a similiar card in its place. In this case the cardwas one I already had, but it sold for a little more then what I bought. I declined his proposal and received a full refund. In this case, I felt the seller made a great effort to resolve this issue, and I left a postive for him. The other time the seller offer a card of the same player of equal ebay value that I did need and I accepted his proposal and again left him a positive.

I feel that the customer service in this situation was not worthy of getting a postive, and I would leave a neutral or negative.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I look at it this way, and although many have there guidlines for feedback, mine is simply mine...

If it was a positive expierence, I leave a positive.
If it were a neutral expierence, I leave a neutral.
If it were a negative expierence, I leave a negative.

All come with explaination(s).

So, the only question to ask, is to yourself.

What kind of expierence was it?

Members online