Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More evidence of the decline in value of Razor Sig Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:lol: <<< Me, watching people panicking left and right as they unload their Sig Series autos as fast as they can.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Jaypers said:
:lol: <<< Me, watching people panicking left and right as they unload their Sig Series autos as fast as they can.

:D <<<Me, watching my eBay screen as I slowly pick up low numbered razor base autos of "lesser" guys....

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
that is kinda how hype works

Compare chrome cards at market now to what they were at release.

Gotta agree. If this weren't true, then a decline in any big-time Bowman Chrome card would equal a decline in Bowman Chrome values. That simply ain't true. "ERRONEUS!"

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Who's Razor Sig cards have gone up? I only had 2 autos of Pedro Alvarez so I haven't followed the other players.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mazarazz said:
Who's Razor Sig cards have gone up? I only had 2 autos of Pedro Alvarez so I haven't followed the other players.

Brett Lawrie

I think a better question is, what razor signature series players are really hyped right now?

Wieters has hype, but starting they year in the minors deflated it a touch.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Codasco07 said:
Jaypers said:

So you must be buying then, right?

Yep. Bought a big name's silver auto/5, which should be arriving any day now.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
hive17 said:
cgilmo said:
that is kinda how hype works

Compare chrome cards at market now to what they were at release.

Gotta agree. If this weren't true, then a decline in any big-time Bowman Chrome card would equal a decline in Bowman Chrome values. That simply ain't true. "ERRONEUS!"

This is 99.9% true. Certain guys in 08 Draft appreciated in value post release. Probably due to hype trains firing up.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
cgilmo said:
mazarazz said:

Brett Lawrie

I think a better question is, what razor signature series players are really hyped right now?

I bought my first Lawrie off BCA Jim for over $30 when it was revealed to be a SP
I bought 6 recently for an average of $19.75 each

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
cgilmo said:
mazarazz said:

Brett Lawrie

I bought my first Lawrie off BCA Jim for over $30 when it was revealed to be a SP

Track the blacks /199

they appreciated quite nicely.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
kentuckyderby said:
cgilmo said:
mazarazz said:

Brett Lawrie

The /199 and /5 won't be hurt by Metal since no Metal /5 or Metal /199

Track the blacks /199

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
cgilmo said:
kentuckyderby said:
cgilmo said:
mazarazz said:

Brett Lawrie

Track the blacks /199

The /199 and /5 won't be hurt by Metal since no Metal /5 or Metal /199

Then adjust your thinking when you buy accordingly.

I don't prospect in base chrome autographs either.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
If I would be able to go back in a time machine I would have done things differently.
I screwed up by believing that Metal would be a different design and photo than Sg Series.
When the owner of the company states in a thread back in November that he would never do that (have Metal be a mirror of Sig Series because he would never stick it to the people who supported the company from the get-go) why would I think anything differently?

So basically, what you are saying is the only non garbage stuff is the /5, and /199?

Gilmore, for a person who was such a fan of the company it kind of blows (now that the company has moved on to products 2, 3,4) you can so easily admit that the product that ws hyped for so long is junk except for /5, /199

Sure when a player gets hot down the road the cards will go up BUT they will not go up as much as they would have had the Metal series not been a mirror design of the Sig Series

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
If I would be able to go back in a time machine I would have done things differently.
I screwed up by believing that Metal would be a different design and photo than Sg Series.
When the owner of the company states in a thread back in November that he would never do that (have Metal be a mirror of Sig Series because he would never stick it to the people who supported the company from the get-go) why would I think anything differently?

So basically, what you are saying is the only non garbage stuff is the /5, and /199?

Gilmore, for a person who was such a fan of the company it kind of blows (now that the company has moved on to products 2, 3,4) you can so easily admit that the product that ws hyped for so long is junk except for /5, /199

Sure when a player gets hot down the road the cards will go up BUT they will not go up as much as they would have had the Metal series not been a mirror design of the Sig Series

I have to point out that I am 90% sure that in some recording with me Brian did originally say that Metal would just be a parallel but minus pin stripes. I know you keep saying over and over it was different, but I know different.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
kentuckyderby said:

I have to point out that I am 90% sure that in some recording with me Brian did originally say that Metal would just be a parallel but minus pin stripes. I know you keep saying over and over it was different, but I know different.

I am 100% right. I even bumped the thread from some date in November but then Gilmore deleted it. When I asked him why, it was because of some other fighting that took place between others throughout that November thread and no need to bring it up in spring again.
In the thread BG phrased it so it was even obvious to him that a mirror image (or anything close enough to the image) would be a dick move by Razor towards those who bought Razor.

I am not saying he didn't say anything different in one of your podcasts, I am just saying I KNOW what I read here.

Plus BG even admitted that he went against what he said back then and apologized for it. The apology was classy. Still doesn't make up for the decision made.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
kentuckyderby said:

Here is where you misunderstand me, and also where everyone misunderstands me. I am not a signature series homer. I think things could have been done MUCH better. The release is by no means crap, but it isn't what it could have been.

I AM a fan of the concepts razor has. I am a fan of what they say they plan on doing. It hasn't happened yet.

Members online

No members online now.