Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could WWE be Backing/Become Partners With/Buy Affliction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I started thinking of this, and the more I do, the more it seems possible.

What really made me think of it is Randy Orton has been wearing Affliction shirts almost every week now. This is surprising since WWE has their own clothing line available for superstars to wear, and the fact that Affliction lets them wear them, and hasnt said anything about it with "we want royalties", etc.

What else made me believe this could become reality is that WWE has wanted to have an MMA based branch for a few years now. Originally, they were supposed to be with Mark Cuban and HDNet Fights, but, that never worked out for a few various reasons.

WWE has also wanted to prove that they are real athletes, and even a few years ago had the Kurt Angle Tournament (which was John Cena's debut Match for anyone interested in knowing) where they had the young guys try and take down Kurt Angle in a shoot-style, unscripted match. Well, Daniel Puder happened to be in this, and he happened to nearly--or did for a few seconds at least--land a Kimura on Angle; this pissed Kurt off bigtime, as he had to squirm and yell to get Puder off him and I think the video is still available on Youtube. This is why the Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Puder fight has been talked about for so long.

That was really the beginning of the WWE into MMA talks started; around that time frame.

And lets face it, Affliction trying to use EliteXC as a partner doesnt make much sense considering the debt between them is around 60+ million. Last I heard, Elite was $54 million in debt, and the show where Kimbo lost would be their deciding night. I didnt see any Nielson ratings yet, so Im not sure what the outcome was.

Affliction needs a big name backer and partner to be able to survive. They cant afford to pay out $13 million ,roughly, for a pay per view, and only make $5 million in tickets and ppv buys.

So this was a thought I had. Im not sure what the likelihood of it happening is, but, it wouldnt seem out of this realm

G

I don't see it happening, and I have only seen Orton wear and Affliction shirt once, and that was a couple weeks ago. Since he's been wearing his own shirts that are Affliction style.

I don't see Vince doing something like that. He doesn't want to be in the 'real' business. And NOBODY with any credibility would take it serious if he did buy it.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
yeah i just dont see anyone taking it seriously if Vince were to buy it. look at the XFL no one took it serious and it tanked bigtime(that and the terrible football they put on the field)

G

But the XFL did open up the worlds eyes to the greatness that is HE HATE ME!!

Members online

Latest posts