Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini at the NFL draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Panini America Becomes Official Trading Card of the 2009 NFL Draft
By David Lee
4/7/2009 3:37:06 PM
Officials at Panini America have reached an agreement with the NFL to become the "Official Trading Card of the 2009 NFL Draft." This year's event will be held at Radio City Music Hall in New York, April 25 and 26. Through the sponsorship agreement, Panini America will have access to photography from the event, as well as officially licensed NFL Draft memorabilia worn by the players.

"Rookie cards are key to the success of our trading card programs," said Panini America vice president of sales & marketing Mike Anderson. "The relationship allows us to be the first trading card company to have access to the top picks. The growing popularity of NFL Draft day is incredible exposure for trading cards and our company."

The agreement will give Panini America the NFL jerseys and hats the players wear after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell calls their name. These unique items will be incorporated into future trading card programs.

"We felt the memorabilia from this events would be a great way to enhance our programs throughout 2009," adds Anderson. "These jerseys and hats are special, they are the first time the rookies get to wear their new colors so its going to create some some very unique collectibles."

Officials from Panini America will also be on hand producing and distributing cards of the top picks (with their new teams) as their names are called.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Topps has had those for a long time now, and I doubt they are going to take off now that Panini has them

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Panini is everywhere. It's almost like they're trying to create a monopoly or hostile takeover, and I'm not liking it. Make them prove themselves in the US pro sports market before you piss away the rights to various things. All I know is, if I open a pack and see a Panini sticker, I'm burning their factory sticker supplies, and then slapping the owners.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
vaughn said:
I thought this thread was about what kinda food they'd be eating at the draft lol...

what the heck is panini?

the new donruss... they bought them out awhile ago

tenclubber

Apr 7, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I bet Panini threw a lot of money at the NFL to get these rights. They probably want to make an immediate impact here in the States. Smart on the NFL's part...probably not. Smart on Panini's part to keep out a competitor...absolutely. They better put out one helluva product though or the collector community will not support this.

Members online

Latest posts