Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Questionf for the MODS or someone who knows this software

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I like clicking the "VIEW YOUR POSTS" link, but once you make a post in any thread it will always keep coming up.
Is there a way to "unflag" a thread so that it won't shop up in "VIEW YOUR POSTS" ??

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If this works the same way as a forum I ran a while ago - No.

The "View Your Posts" does a search through the boards based on your username, and shows the results as topics. It doesn't work on a flag system.

This of course could be different here though. I ran a phpbb 2 board.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Card Magnet said:

The "View Your Posts" does a search through the boards based on your username, and shows the results as topics. It doesn't work on a flag system.

I figured that it couldn't be changed, its why i never brought it up. Its really only like 1 in 20 threads that I post in that i dont want to keep seeing but the benefits definitely outweigh that 1/20

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Card Magnet said:

I figured that it couldn't be changed, its why i never brought it up. Its really only like 1 in 20 threads that I post in that i dont want to keep seeing but the benefits definitely outweigh that 1/20

I figured it couldn't be done, UNLESS we had rights to delete our posts....but figured with as aggravating as it is, it wouldn't at least hurt to ask.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
or maybe a new link could be added to view "subscribed threads", and then you had a way to say you want to subscribe to a thread?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
btw, what is the name of this software...i do like it compared to most of the mb software i have seen.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Card Magnet said:
hofautos said:
or maybe a new link could be added to view "subscribed threads", and then you had a way to say you want to subscribe to a thread?
There's a section in the control panel here that let's you manage subscriptions, and lists them.

ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

COOL - what is difference between bookmarked and subscribed?
does bookmark allow you to view bookmarks and subscribed allows you to view subscribed PLUS you get emails?
If so, i want bookmarks...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Card Magnet said:

this is one thing that did not change from phpbb2 to phpbb3

sorry

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
cgilmo said:
Card Magnet said:

sorry

any chance you can put a link up next to "view new posts" called "view bookmarks", so we don't have to go through control panel?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
hofautos said:
cgilmo said:
Card Magnet said:

sorry

any chance you can put a link up next to "view new posts" called "view bookmarks", so we don't have to go through control panel?

done in subsilver 2

cant help ya in aero blue, it isn't wide enough.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
hofautos said:
cgilmo said:
Card Magnet said:

sorry

Ask and you shall receive I guess. Thanks Gilmore for listening to hofautos.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Card Magnet said:
hofautos said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="Card Magnet":12xofcq2]If this works the same way as a forum I ran a while ago - No.

sorry

Ask and you shall receive I guess. Thanks Gilmore for listening to hofautos.[/quote:12xofcq2]

SO COOL!! I am already using it!! THANKS MUCH!!

Staff online

Latest posts