Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone explain this logic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I dont have specific auction examples because I can't link on my phone, but it goes like this...a seller pulls a Superfractor shortly after a product is released and lists it with a stupid high BIN. It usually sits there for a month before it sells via best offer for about half what the BIN was. Then two weeks later it shows up for sale by the buyer....with a BIN thats twice what the original BIN was

Uhh...if it didn't sell for $500, its not going to sell for $1000. Morons

Or another favorite of mine...seller has a retarded BIN, it doesn't sell all four times he lists it, then it reappears...with the BIN even higher. The Price auto Super didnt sell for $4k. Now he relisted it for $8k. *******

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Honestly, I think you are more likely to get what you are looking for when you raise the BIN. I know it's stupid but there are a LOT of people out there that will only make a 1K offer on a 4k BIN but they'll make a 3k offer on an 8k BIN.

It happens a lot more than you would think.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
trevordchi said:
Honestly, I think you are more likely to get what you are looking for when you raise the BIN. I know it's stupid but there are a LOT of people out there that will only make a 1K offer on a 4k BIN but they'll make a 3k offer on an 8k BIN.

It happens a lot more than you would think.

Exactly. While it makes no sense, not everyone is as smart or savvy as those of us who frequent FCB(!). It only takes 1 deep-pocketed newbie to make an obscene offer on a card when he/she sees it for the first time ... not everyone has necessarily been tracking said cards each time they've been listed with BIN's, BO prices accepted, etc. You'd be shocked at how many morons are out there ... and with something of that magnitude, it's well-worth going fishing with asinine prices.

The real question is whether or not the potential at landing a crazy sale price to a novice outweighs all of the smart buyers (like you and I) who get turned off by these greedy sellers and refrain from offering or bidding at all. Unfortunately history shows that the risk of turning off the more educated and rational buyers IS indeed outweighed by the reward of "going fishing" and landing a sucker.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
JoshHamilton said:
I dont have specific auction examples because I can't link on my phone, but it goes like this...a seller pulls a Superfractor shortly after a product is released and lists it with a stupid high BIN. It usually sits there for a month before it sells via best offer for about half what the BIN was. Then two weeks later it shows up for sale by the buyer....with a BIN thats twice what the original BIN was

Or another favorite of mine...seller has a retarded BIN, it doesn't sell all four times he lists it, then it reappears
...with the BIN even higher. The Price auto Super didnt sell for $4k. Now he relisted it for $8k. *******

1st card that came to mind was the 05 Bowman Chrome Draft Lastings Milledge Superfractor. It is always listed the most ammount of days, and always at 199.95. It seems that everytime I search bowman or Superfractor, it ALWAYS shows up.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
/agree with the above about the offers.

Donuld Trump once built condos and couldn't rent a single one of them. He then raised rent $400 a month on them and the building was sold out in a month. Weird how people act sometime.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
/agree with the above about the offers.

Donuld Trump once built condos and couldn't rent a single one of them. He then raised rent $400 a month on them and the building was sold out in a month. Weird how people act sometime.

Maybe its the whole "It cost more so it must be worth it" mentality?

I personally think if you own a superfractor...you can probably name your price even if it is high.Its not like there will much competition.Besides...somebody might just buy it up thinking that if it get bought at that price...if it ever surfaces again it will cost them that much more to try to obtain it.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Jurgy25 said:
JoshHamilton said:

Or another favorite of mine...seller has a retarded BIN, it doesn't sell all four times he lists it, then it reappears
...with the BIN even higher. The Price auto Super didnt sell for $4k. Now he relisted it for $8k. *******

1st card that came to mind was the 05 Bowman Chrome Draft Lastings Milledge Superfractor. It is always listed the most ammount of days, and always at 199.95. It seems that everytime I search bowman or Superfractor, it ALWAYS shows up.

It shouldn't show up too much longer as it is about to be sold..

[ebay:snsf6c6p]310109406990[/ebay:snsf6c6p]

Members online

Latest posts