Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some updates for those that are interested

Opinions needed!

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
I don't think it is 100% ok to make a profit off of a tragedy but if people are sending money to charities then i think it could be a good thing. All day I have been debating what to do with Nick's stuff. Part of me thought I should give it to his parents but I don't know how a parent would react and I don't want to upset them further. I own his 1st jersey from the Quakes and the N was actually sewn on backwards. Do you think they would want it? My sons little league is in desperate need of a scoreboard and they are looking for someone to donate the $4000 and you get to name the field whatever you want. I was thinking of maybe selling some stuff to raise the $4,000 and naming the field Nick Adenhart Memorial park (pending an ok from Nick's parents). What do you guys think?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Please add your opinion. Thanks

THREADKILLER-crohrer said:
I don't think it is 100% ok to make a profit off of a tragedy but if people are sending money to charities then i think it could be a good thing. All day I have been debating what to do with Nick's stuff. Part of me thought I should give it to his parents but I don't know how a parent would react and I don't want to upset them further. I own his 1st jersey from the Quakes and the N was actually sewn on backwards. Do you think they would want it? My sons little league is in desperate need of a scoreboard and they are looking for someone to donate the $4000 and you get to name the field whatever you want. I was thinking of maybe selling some stuff to raise the $4,000 and naming the field Nick Adenhart Memorial park (pending an ok from Nick's parents). What do you guys think?

Awesome idea.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City

I usually frown upon people that try to capitalize on someones death(and please don't get me wrong), but seeing what you plan to do with the proceeds I think that this is a no-brainer. Sell and hopefully you are able to get his parents consent. Good luck!

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland

Rickzcards said:
I usually frown upon people that try to capitalize on someones death(and please don't get me wrong), but seeing what you plan to do with the proceeds I think that this is a no-brainer. Sell and hopefully you are able to get his parents consent. Good luck!

Like I said Nick lived in Williamsport which is 4 miles from my house and even closer to the little league. He played at Conocochegue LL and my son plays at South Mountain LL.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

I would sell what you have. Take out the money you have invested in your collection and give the rest to his memorial fund. I wouldn't sell the super. I would give the superfractor to his family. That's the best card that will be made of him and I would want the family to have it.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland

IndyMann said:
I would sell what you have. Take out the money you have invested in your collection and give the rest to his memorial fund. I wouldn't sell the super. I would give the superfractor to his family. That's the best card that will be made of him and I would want the family to have it.

I have the BGS Sterling Red. Should I sell that instead?

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

IndyMann said:

I have the BGS Sterling Red. Should I sell that instead?
I would. I saw your collection in another thread you created and that card should bring a ton right now. I just think the Superfractor is the better of the two cards. It's more chased after I would say. If it was my card I would want the family to have it. I think naming a park after him would be a great gesture. Obviously pending the parents approval.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

I have no problem with selling, so obviously I am all for you selling and donating to charity. At minimum, I would say sell what you want, and keep what you invested in it. Donate anything above that to charity, whatever that may be

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008

Id like to work something out to get the super back but its out of my range.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008

Try to raise the $4,000 and keep us all updated on the little league field and having it named after Nick.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland

XdanX said:

I have decided to keep the Super and possibly give it to his parents. Would you be ok with me giving it to them? It would be leaving one good home and going to another.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008

XdanX said:

I have decided to keep the Super and possibly give it to his parents. Would you be ok with me giving it to them? It would be leaving one good home and going to another.

I think that would be the best home for it. Like I said, I would love to get it back but its out of my range, so I would love to see his folks have it.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008

XdanX said:

I think that card in his parents hands would be the best place for the card. I hope you can still raise or come close to the $4,000 for the little league field.

I wonder what an FCB drive would be able to bring in?

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

Great idea. Put your plans in the auction description to maybe get a little extra. Try to get it up asap.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

It's up. My original listing errored out so i had to do it again.
Hey I would not list the card. First try and raise the funds for the naming of the park and then at the dedication
ceremony give the card to his parents if they come to the opening of the park

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland

Pine Tar said:
[quote="THREADKILLER-crohrer":3fy83n56]It's up. My original listing errored out so i had to do it again.
Hey I would not list the card. First try and raise the funds for the naming of the park and then at the dedication
ceremony give the card to his parents if they come to the opening of the park[/quote:3fy83n56]

The Sterling is the fund raiser. I will give them the Super.

Members online

Latest posts