Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which would you rather have??? 1/1 jersey or /9 jersey auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinjim

Nov 16, 2008
from 2008 triple threads. which would you rather have. a 1/1 jersey or a /9 jersey auto from the same player. Its a toss up for me. thanks guys

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Depends greatly on the set but I generally prefer the 1/1.

Some sets I couldn't care less about the numbering, like Triple Treads.

thinjim said:
from 2008 triple threads. which would you rather have. a 1/1 jersey or a /9 jersey auto from the same player. Its a toss up for me. thanks guys

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I hate triple threads, but:

I'd go with the 1/1. You'll get another shot at a 1/9 but only one chance on the 1/1.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:

I'd go with the 1/1. You'll get another shot at a 1/9 but only one chance on the 1/1.

I agree about my hatred for Topps high end in general, but disagree on the jersey. Auto is always better than jersey according to the tree of relics, as long as no logo is involved. But I guess year factors into it.

To add to this, Triple Threads has what, eleventy billion 1/1s, so the whole "never another shot" doesnt really apply.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Gellman said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

I agree about my hatred for Topps high end in general, but disagree on the jersey. Auto is always better than jersey according to the tree of relics, as long as no logo is involved. But I guess year factors into it.

To add to this, Triple Threads has what, eleventy billion 1/1s, so the whole "never another shot" doesnt really apply.

Along the same lines, how many autos will this player have? Eleventy billion x (36+27+18+9+3+1).

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Well... for me, I tend to go with lower numbered stuff but I'd really need to compare them to decide.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I would go with the jersey auto for sure unless MAYBE the jersey was a sick patch. But you said "jersey" so I'll stick with the x/9 Jersey Auto

Tom

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
What does 1/1 really even mean these days? Unless there is something outstandingly great about the card (Superfractor/Great Patch), go with the card with more crap on it (i.e. auto).

Other than that, I have to say that IMO Triple Threads is fugly.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Neither, buy chrome =]

but seriously....the /9 auto is sticker.......sticker auto.......not even on-card for a high end product...........

Enough said

Members online