Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adenharts killer to be charged with murder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
It's probably not a good thing that he was charged with murder. Its going to be very hard for a jury to convict him of murder whereas it would be a slam dunk with vehicular manslaughter.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JEBJJA said:
+100

mredsox89 said:
It's probably not a good thing that he was charged with murder. Its going to be very hard for a jury to convict him of murder whereas it would be a slam dunk with vehicular manslaughter.

imo he is going to end up just getting convicted of the non murder felonies, and still get 20+ years, but vehicular manslaughter along with the others would have gotten him life

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
The article says he violated probation, and the punishment was to extend his probation through 2010? WTF :!: :!:
The punishment he got for his first DUI shows exactly why people still do it; 2 days in jail and $1300. Are you kidding? The mandatory punishment needs to be increased and be extremely severe. That's the only way this crap is ever going to slow down. Multiple people I know have been killed this same way. It's absolutely disgusting.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I think this guy is going to get the book thrown at him. I don't think a jury will have a problem finding him guilty of murder when he was driving with a suspended license and 3 times the legal limit.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yes, this guy messed. Yes, people died. No, I don't condone driving drunk. But do people really think this guy deserves the freaking death penalty for this??? This was not pre-meditated. This is a terrible thing that happened to all involved, but by no means does this man deserve the death penalty. I will not be giving a response to anyone who disagrees, I just don't want to get into it. But this is my opinion.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Yes, this guy messed. Yes, people died. No, I don't condone driving drunk. But do people really think this guy deserves the freaking death penalty for this??? This was not pre-meditated. This is a terrible thing that happened to all involved, but by no means does this man deserve the death penalty. I will not be giving a response to anyone who disagrees, I just don't want to get into it. But this is my opinion.
Yes,

He made the decision to get in that car drunk knowing he was impaired and on a suspended license.

This was no "accident".

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
If he gets out he'll just do it again, he's 22 and has 2-3 previous DUI's before this, either DP or locked up for life.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
forget about adenhart having a bright "baseball" future ahead of him. He was 22, he had his whole life ahead of him, and it was taken away. You don't wish ill upon anyone, but isn't it unfair that someone obeys the law and dies, and someone breaks the law and survives? (the drunk driver didn't die, while the 3/4 innocent passengers in the girl's car did.)

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Nick1190 said:
Throw him in the chamber.

That way the tax payers can pay for his life? No, death penalty.

I wish there was an island to send all of the criminals who recieved life sentences to. Kind of like the movie Kurt Russel played in. Tax payers shouldn't have to keep these losers up.

Latest posts