Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tommy Hanson could be called up this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laroche17

Mar 17, 2009
Tom glavin came out of the game at AA mississippi with left shoulder discomfort! hes headed back to GA for further evaluation.. the braves only have 4 starters in the rotation right now cuz glavin was supposed to be back.. but if he's not then that could open the door for hanson. :D :D :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It'd be a mistake. Just like the Tigers with Porcello. His pitch count can't be high anyway. More stress for the bullpen.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I bet they call up Charlie Morton. He pitched a great game today.

Morton is who they should call, he's going to be a strong #4 if they ever give him a chance

laroche17

Mar 17, 2009
so if morton and reyes are first in line then when does tommy hanson come into play? i mean all 4 pitchers (lowe, jj, kawakami, vazquez.) all are pitching great and will all be there a couple more years when does tommy hanson get the 5th spot? why not trade morton and jojo and locke for a nice power bat?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
hanson just isn't ready. does he have the stuff? sure, but you have to be careful when you bring a pitcher up. i can't imagine his pitch count is higher than 75. What's the point in bringing him up to pitch 3-4 per start? just stressful on the bullpen.

he'll most likely get a start or two in september with possible rotation slot in 2010.

laroche17 said:
so if morton and reyes are first in line then when does tommy hanson come into play? i mean all 4 pitchers (lowe, jj, kawakami, vazquez.) all are pitching great and will all be there a couple more years when does tommy hanson get the 5th spot? why not trade morton and jojo and locke for a nice power bat?

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
laroche17 said:

they are first in line for openings due to injuries for at least the first half of this year, Hanson will get his spot when he's ready, and I bet at least one of Reyes/Morton are gone before opening day next year

no need to trade anyone else now when vazquez is only under contract through next year, plenty of time to make those decisions

laroche17

Mar 17, 2009
sure they will monitor his pitch count for the first couple of starts as they do with ever pitcher just entering the league but you gotta think hes already 24 which is just as old as jair jurjjens or chad billingsley.. Billingsley was brought up when he was 22 and he seems to be just fine to me.. same with jurrjens.

Ellis Shoe

Mar 27, 2009
Hey guys, I was at the game today in MS and he didn't look all that great either. His first batter hit a HR on him and his fastest fastball was 76. He was not on it for sure. I think he gave up 3-4 hits counting the HR in 2 innings.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Ellis Shoe said:
Hey guys, I was at the game today in MS and he didn't look all that great either. His first batter hit a HR on him and his fastest fastball was 76. He was not on it for sure. I think he gave up 3-4 hits counting the HR in 2 innings.

how'd brandon hicks look?

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Ellis Shoe said:

That's really too bad...hope nothing is too serious.

Ellis Shoe

Mar 27, 2009
abravesfan said:
Ellis Shoe said:

how'd brandon hicks look?

not bad at all. He was 2-4 with a NICE 2 run HR in the bottom of th first that cleared the wall and fence in left field.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I read on the AJC he says he hurt himself swinging the bat. I'm not quite sure if that's good or bad news, but take it for what its worth.

Members online

Latest posts