Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Carlos Villanueva going to get burned again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Warning: card destruction.

Really though. Every team experiences these things year in and year out.
Blown Saves.
Which really makes me wonder why A) There aren't many quality closers. B) Why they don't make more $$ C) Why teams don't put this as their #1 Priority. D) Why closers are often times failed starters. E) Why many farm systems don't try to develop incredible closers. F) Why closers aren't the face of the team. G) Why can't the brewers have one???

Carlos Villanueva kinda irked me yesterday, so I found some of his cards.

This was one:

Carlos - I have more of these you son of $%#^#&.
Shape UP! Or I'll get more creative!

**** dang, how do you post a vid??

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
You don't throw Soriano a first pitch fastball!!!!!!!!

I think Coffey or Julio is a better fit for interim closer until Hoffman returns.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:

I think Coffey or Julio is a better fit for interim closer until Hoffman returns.

On gameday, it said it was a 80mph change.
Either way - if a closing situation arises today, I'll be scared.
but - I don't have any Coffey or Julio cards to destroy.
How long till Trevor Time?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
And someone (Kevbo) still has yet to fullfill his end of our bet that Villanueva's RC's would be 20.00 cards by last years all star break.

:)

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
actually, I think I said 10 - but failed either way.
I do remember liking him though..
enough to buy a bunch of sotf's anyway :).

Skorris, I'm sure there's a bunch of 06 draft villy green cards around here somewhere..
could be a long season - might need a new lighter.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You know how closers feed on pressure and stress? well, it's kind of hard to get all keyed up to get into that situation if you're just tossed in there. Carlos is a long set-up type guy.

I agree that grooming closers is something oft over-looked. I personally thought it would be Luis Pena (remember), but now I'd like to see Omar Aguilar take on that role.

Either way, I knew that was gonna happen before the inning even started. And i knew Soriano would watch it fly like the punk bitch he is; doesn't make up for totally mis-judging Week's double the day before, but I sure he thinks it does.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Kevbo said:
On gameday, it said it was a 80mph change.
Either way - if a closing situation arises today, I'll be scared.
but - I don't have any Coffey or Julio cards to destroy.
How long till Trevor Time?

Gameday is incorrect all the time. Although I didn't see the MPH on the screen it really didn't matter. That was the straightest pitch I have ever seen Carlos throw.

You'd think a changeup, especially his because Villlanueva's change is actually quite good, would sink more.

Right down the middle.

Just burn another one now. I'm that pissed off.....

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Carlos scares the crap out of me. Anytime you put a quality pitcher who has an unfortunate history of not being able to avoid giving up the big inning as a starter in that role......ehh. Got any Suppans while you're at it?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
sheetskout said:

It happened again to night just as the ESPN **** were talking about Soriano has x amount
of lead off home runs

HIS PUNK ASS HITS A LEAD OFF FIRST PITCH HOMERUN WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT
CUBS UP 1-0 baby

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
any Jeff Suppan cards can be sent to me for immediate disposal.
( I don't have any )

Trivia question.
Besides Jeff Suppan - how many major leaguers have walked in 3 consecutive runs?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Kevbo said:
( I don't have any )

Trivia question.
Besides Jeff Suppan - how many major leaguers have walked in 3 consecutive runs?
Were they consecutive? And the answer HAS to be none!

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Kevbo said:
( I don't have any )

Trivia question.

I dont know whats worse, a pitcher walking in 3 straight or a manager that just leaves a guy out there who cant pitch.

Suppan was getting pinched with the strike zone and his stuff isnt good enough to over power anybody. He needs to get those corner calls to be good.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
alright, it wasn't consecutive. between the first run walked in, and the next two, there was that groundout/forceout at home.
I'll rephrase...
who's walked in 3 runs in one inning?

**edit - winner may, or may not be sent a free Carlos Villanueva autograph card.

Members online

Latest posts