Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

carlos beltran question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
So since both beltrans rookies have the wrong player, what is his most desired card?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
one with juan lebron's picture but has his name

!BOlE06gB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl1JwPBJv(TT)-JQ~~_1.jpg

you know, i used to own over 20+ of these and have sold em between $75-$125 at its peak. lol! how times have changed....

dave

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
daveyou said:

!BOlE06gB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl1JwPBJv(TT)-JQ~~_1.jpg

you know, i used to own over 20+ of these and have sold em between $75-$125 at its peak. lol! how times have changed....

dave

Don't understand why anyone would even want that as his rookie if it's not him??
...hmm...i wan't beltran in my PC, but don't want either of those...hmmm....

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
daveyou said:

dave

You used to own 20+ PSA 10's?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Reds in 2009 said:
daveyou said:

dave

You used to own 20+ PSA 10's?

yep, at one point back in 04, there were about 40-50 psa 10's and i used to own over 20 of them. i bought tons of them raw before he got hot during the playoffs and submitted over 40+ of them at one point

dave

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
daveyou said:
his 2000 spx auto is considered his best "rc" if you want to add one for your pc

dave

Thanks, that looks like a nice one...
looks like completed have sold for $30-40, but people asking high prices for it....guess i have to wait ...

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
His best "rookies" are these by year
I dont consider the 2000 spx a rookie auto which is why im hesitant to pay 40.00 for it.

96copy.jpg

atomiccopy.jpg

leaf r/s true blue(dont have a scan)

/24
BRILLIANTcopy.jpg

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
I think if a player is not depicted on the card, it should not be a recognized card of his. The first year he was on a card should be his rookie year.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
My thinking is that if 1995 is his "rookie card", and he doesn't have a 1995 with him on it, then he really doesn't have a rookie and a 2000 is as much of a rookie as a 1997....and further if he doesn't have a rookie card, I might as well get his first sp auto card and be content with that. besides the 2000spx is a "classiic" set, so it would probably be the ONE card of his that I would want.

just the way i rationalized it...i can understand also those that may prefer his FIRST rare mlb card with him on the card, but in reality it isnt a rookie either...tough one, but i think i will go with the card that someone suggested the 2000 spx auto....it's a nice looking card too!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
My thinking is that if 1995 is his "rookie card", and he doesn't have a 1995 with him on it, then he really doesn't have a rookie and a 2000 is as much of a rookie as a 1997....and further if he doesn't have a rookie card, I might as well get his first sp auto card and be content with that. besides the 2000spx is a "classiic" set, so it would probably be the ONE card of his that I would want.

just the way i rationalized it...i can understand also those that may prefer his FIRST rare mlb card with him on the card, but in reality it isnt a rookie either...tough one, but i think i will go with the card that someone suggested the 2000 spx auto....it's a nice looking card too!

Rookie card is just another card... Just happens to be his first one. Back in the day, they held little significance, cards from years where a player was an MVP or such were the "rookie" cards of their time.

Bottom line, as always, collect what you like. Collect by your guidelines, no one else's. Why do you need a rookie if you don't really want one?

Members online

No members online now.