Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who wants to recap this past week for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Havent had a computer or a tv with espn since last saturday. Been on a cruise. Only know a few things that have happened. (R.I.P. Adenhart :( )(longoria 5hrs in 6 games)

anything else exciting happen in the first week in baseball or the card world or anything on this site?

thanks! :D

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
Tribe goes 0 for their first 5, pitching gives up 47 runs...Cy Young winner Cliff Lee loses his first two starts, and Victor Martinez has tied his season home run total from last year...Hafner's gotten two bombs already and he only had 5 all of last year.

So basically, we're hitting again, but our pitching blows ****.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
prozac4312 said:
Tribe goes 0 for their first 5, pitching gives up 47 runs...Cy Young winner Cliff Lee loses his first two starts, and Victor Martinez has tied his season home run total from last year...Hafner's gotten two bombs already and he only had 5 all of last year.

Haf hit bomb #3 today (hey, when it's only your 8th in two seasons it's a big deal). ;)

Zach, I think Choo is going to be something special, and if Jhonny, Travis, and Victor can all continue to contribute, things will be very fun to watch from an offensive standpoint. I'm still a bit uneasy when it comes to Hafner, as he's definitely having trouble with lefties and breaking pitches. His three strikeouts today were very difficult to watch.

However, I'm very concerned about the pitching staff. I don't know if it has anything to do with the adjustment from spring training in Arizona or what, but the starters have been downright pathetic (minus Reyes). I had a good feeling about Reyes' start today before he even stepped on the mound. He has been very consistent ever since donning an Indians uniform for the first time last season.

Members online