Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Volstad Pickup, Rant and Question

Should I grade this card?

• Grade it to authenticate it for future buyers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't grade it, it will not likely increase in value.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I have a small collection of Chris Volstad cards. I was really impressed by the way he pitched last year so I continue to buy a few cards now and then. I won this Heritage blank back 1/1 from Topps Vault last week and now fakes of other players are popping up on eBay.

With these fakes....should I send this card to BGS in an effort to eliminate questions about its authenticity in the future or do you think this card doesn't have the potential of increasing in value down the road? I think Topps did a poor job protecting these 1/1's from fakes. :(

Besides grading the card, I can't think of anything to prove it is authentic down the line.

VolstadHeritageF.jpg
VolstadHeritageB.jpg

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Honesty I wouldn't waste the money. The topps vault cards to most collectors are not overly valued.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
thenumberonemetfan said:
It looks to have a impression on the back thats pretty solid proof.

Do the fakes have the same seal as the real ones?

Actually, the light is set to dim at the moment in the room and I just noticed the stamp (it is very faint) in the scan. Ha!

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
bouwob said:
Honesty I wouldn't waste the money. The topps vault cards to most collectors are not overly valued.

It was only $10 and I thought it was cool....I might turn my Volstad stash into a PC. If I do flip my stash, I think someone might be interested in buying the card down the road.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
bouwob said:

It was only $10 and I thought it was cool....I might turn my Volstad stash into a PC. If I do flip my stash, I think someone might be interested in buying the card down the road.

I hear you. I have pondered buying some of the ryans up, but have yet to pull the trigger. I was trying to say that there does not seem to be alot of interest in these cards. For a player collection, based on having everything they are awesome.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Ditto, its not pack-pulled and was created kind of as a gimmick. They're not really proofs, Topps simply chose not to print the back of a sheet of cards.

I have an old one of these from '74, sometimes Topps forgot to print the backs on some of their cards. Again this wasn't a proof but a misprint.

But its nice and a little different collectible, just not really a 1/1 per se.

bouwob said:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts