Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Serialization vs. Eye Appeal Within a Prospect Product

More Important?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Product A features gorgeous looking cards, but no serial numbering.
Product B features decent (at best) looking cards, but all are serialized.

Which is more important to you?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Id prefer A, especially if there were stated print runs. I'd take a BC Gold auto not-numbered over something like razor auto SN'ed /50.

Zach

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
A by a longshot. But if the difference between the look of the cards isn't that great, I would prefer a serial number. But in your scenario, you are saying there is a huge difference in look, so no serial # for me

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I chose A and for me it's not even close.

A great example are the 2008 Leaf Limited Autos from Prime Cuts IV. They are great looking cards with a very clean design, but are not numbered. They're rarity is pretty obvious simply based on how many have surfaced on the secondary market, but I'll save that argument for another day ;) .

Anyway, I'd much rather have a really nice looking card like that than a low numbered card that is painful to look at.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I chose A and for me it's not even close.

A great example are the 2008 Leaf Limited Autos from Prime Cuts IV. They are great looking cards with a very clean design, but are not numbered. They're rarity is pretty obvious simply based on how many have surfaced on the secondary market, but I'll save that argument for another day ;) .

Anyway, I'd much rather have a really nice looking card like that than a low numbered card that is painful to look at.

i am with you bro.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
Product A features gorgeous looking cards, but no serial numbering.
Product B features decent (at best) looking cards, but all are serialized.

Which is more important to you?
For me, I would take eye appeal over serial-numbering.

But, I would have to acknowledge that brand plays a far larger role than either of these two options.

If I had to rank the top three determinations in value and potential value it would go...
1. Brand. This is by leaps and bounds ahead of anything else.
2. Serial-numbering.
3. Design/Layout.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sportscardtheory said:
Is it not possible to have good looking serial numbered cards?

Of course. My poll was to gauge which one was more important to you if you had to choose.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sportscardtheory said:
It would depend on the stated print run of the non-serial numbered card. If there were a lot more made, then I would take the guaranteed scarcity of the serial numbered card.

Ok, let's say both products were produced in equal quantities.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Jaypers said:
sportscardtheory said:
It would depend on the stated print run of the non-serial numbered card. If there were a lot more made, then I would take the guaranteed scarcity of the serial numbered card.

Ok, let's say both products were produced in equal quantities.

I guess it would depend on the card. I would have to see it to know for sure, but I normally I like the "certainty" of serial numbering.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
I feel that the poll info is too vague to accurately answer.

What made you post this topic?

I am celebrating my birthday today with a wax box of my choosing and am debating between several products.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Bowman Chrome autographs...no serial-numbering and no need for serial-numbering and yet they will almost always trump any shorter printed card, or nicer looking card.

Brand.

And happy birthday JP.

Members online

Latest posts