Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greetings from Colorado!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a long way from home right now......

Me and the family traveled to Denver for spring break......got to see Rockies vs. Phillies today!!!!

Great game!!! Phillies won 7-5 with 2 runs in the 8th and 2 more in the 9th (Stairs 2-run HR)

Got 12 total autos as well!!!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
craiger122003 said:
Sweet that was a good game saw it on the last free day of innings
who are the autos of?

Lots of nobodys....

Happ
Taschner
Jiminez
Hammel
Morales
Grilli

and two decent ones....

Street
Lidge

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Craiger - you are exactly right on that one......my son getting autos is priceless......gets so excited no matter who it is!!!

Bouwob - here in Denver for a week..............

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
so a 7 day ban is in order?????

Have a good time, stay of the boards.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
So what else you gonna do? i hear there is a couple good breweries in town
also i am sure you plan on shooting or arrowing something while in town lol

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Last time I went to CO was a few years back (just to see where I was born) and my family and I went up pikes peak and some of the sand dunes. Fun stuff. We ended up watching braves/Rockies and the first time I ever saw Andruw live :lol:

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
shanks25 said:
craiger122003 said:
Sweet that was a good game saw it on the last free day of innings
who are the autos of?

Lots of nobodys....

Happ
Taschner
Jiminez
Hammel
Morales
Grilli

and two decent ones....

Street
Lidge
As Smoney17 said, Jimenez won't be a nobody come year's end. He consistently hits 95 and higher and he throws a good breaking ball. His only problem is command, yet he showed great command in his first start. Also, I don't think Street is all that great. I think Corpas will have won the job by March.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Jimenez is pitching tomorrow the rockies are on one of
my picks for tomorrow
today i went 10 of 12 celts and lakers over got me still
hit for 245 though ;)

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry I couldn't meet you at the game, I ended up going to a Sky Sox game down in the Springs instead. Enjoy the city!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas....

As for Jiminez, I agree that he could have a breakout year......the "nobody" comment was more meant to be directed at current popularity......we'll see how well he does in today's start at Wrigley.....

Huston Street looked horrible as did Corpas.....Rockies had a 5-1 lead behind Cook and their bullpen blows it!!!

It is kinda cool that me and my son got autos of Lidge and Street and then got to watch both pitch......also really cool to see Dexter Fowler, Chase Utley, and Matt Stairs (he's still playing????????????) all go yard.....

More about the game......it rained the entire game!!!! Temps in the high 30s-low40s..................not a downpour but a steady drizzle for 3+ hours. I'll post some pictures when I get back....

Hoping to do a lot of other cook stuff while we're here.....dinosaur museum, aquarium, etc........will be making a trip to Mikes Stadium Cards as well...

Thanks to all that helped my out, gave suggestions, especially Bombjack and Brice......

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I heard it didn't even snow yesterday in Denver, that's lucky... we got dumped on here in C.Springs!

I also heard that the SkySox game was cancelled, but I guess not?

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
I heard it didn't even snow yesterday in Denver, that's lucky... we got dumped on here in C.Springs!

Yeah, no snow in Denver at all.......I'm staying in Elizabeth (south of Denver) and got 3 inches or so here.....

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:

The game yesterday had to be canceled in the Springs, because it did indeed dump snow. I drove from the Springs back to Fort Collins and listened to the Rox game on the radio. I was actually refering to the Sky Sox game on Saturday. It was cold as hell, and there is no way that the attendance was the reported 1700 people, but I had fun.