Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone get an update on Wilmer Flores Topps signing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
Is there anyone in the know that can get an idea when we can realistically expect to get these in?

Topps, you are killing me. This isn't Ross Detweiler or Todd Frazier, but one of the top prospects in baseball. One of the primary reasons why people busted your Draft product. Unless Wilmer has a problem with signing his name, there is no reason why these should not have already been signed. Don't put a player in your product if you can't deliver in an timely manner.

The frustrating thing from my standpoint is that we are now in-season. If he plays well, I'd like to be able to sell and make a profit. But can't do it!

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
gomatt said:
Is there anyone in the know that can get an idea when we can realistically expect to get these in?

Topps, you are killing me. This isn't Ross Detweiler or Todd Frazier, but one of the top prospects in baseball. One of the primary reasons why people busted your Draft product. Unless Wilmer has a problem with signing his name, there is no reason why these should not have already been signed. Don't put a player in your product if you can't deliver in an timely manner.

The frustrating thing from my standpoint is that we are now in-season. If he plays well, I'd like to be able to sell and make a profit. But can't do it!

Not set in stone, but IF he signs, I would not expect anything until Bowman Chrome is released. I have nothing of him and the longer the wait the better it will be for those who want to take the risk that he won't sign. Thinki Todd Frasier when it comes to Flores. DLP might actually be a no go since Panini purchased the company.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I don't understand how Brian Gray of Razor can buy a ticket and fly to the prospect and get him to sign the cards, but Topps cannot do the same thing. I know that it takes time to sign a few thousand cards, but I'm assuming that Topps contracts with a player to do the signing. It's not like these players one day magically receive thousands of cards to sign. Isn't there an arragement beforehand?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
sk.jpg

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
at 5 dollars per auto on avg, for some it's not worth the bother, esp. with razor out there offering bigger fees.

Members online

Latest posts