Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT paypal dispute item not as described

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
hey adam, i did dying to see what it looks like. i think hes trying to pull something. the card had no marks on it.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
got my card back atleast. still looking for the two huge scratch's buyer claimed it had.

Picture394.jpg

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
How can he file item not as describe...you didn't put a condition in the description and it appears that he received the card in the title.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
chuckbartowski said:
How can he file item not as describe...you didn't put a condition in the description and it appears that he received the card in the title.

The buyer has all the power. Paypal doesn't even bother to confirm the legitimacy of any of these claims. They just assume that the buyer is truthful and grant the refund.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
JVC said:
chuckbartowski said:

The buyer has all the power. Paypal doesn't even bother to confirm the legitimacy of any of these claims. They just assume that the buyer is truthful and grant the refund.
+1

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Well I hope all the idiots out there that pull this crap realize that they are going to force raw cards off of eBay. Then they'll be forced to buy the graded card as they should be if they are looking for a specific condition.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
chuckbartowski said:

This is 100% true. Problem with paypal is they think if the buyers out there are not 110% satisfied, that they wont use their service, so paypal inturn will do whatever the buyer wants, this includes not reviewing any and all claims. A claim comes in, they automatically issue the refund.
Here is where the problem comes in, as a seller, they **** you over 110% of the time. You have no other option now except to accept paypal only, no money orders or checks, so as a seller you have your hands tied. If sellers would stop selling, then there would be no buyers. But we all know (paypal and ebay included) that wont happen, so they choose to keep their buyers happy and dont give two ***** about the sellers out there.
If, and this is a HUGE if, there was another auction site that could compete with eBay, eBay would go down. This is my opinion. I know this probably wont happen, as eBay reaches what, 180 countries around the world or so. So we as sellers are ****** as long as eBay and paypal are the only players in town.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Lost in all this is you was the buyer so we can block him

JVC was 100% correct with paypal

Members online

Latest posts