Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Beckham Razor Metal Auto - Does Brian Honor His Word?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
As of right now, only about 1/6th of the Tim Beckham razor metal print run will sell (about 15 min left in the listing). Brian states in the listing that the unsold copies will be retained but never sold for less than the $25 current asking price. To those that are buying, are you worried at all that the unsold copies are going to make it to the market at a lower price than what you are paying now?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
cgilmo said:
He has been clear from the start that autographs are not going to be destroyed. The destruction was of razor metal base cards.

I completely understand. I just wonder if somehow those cards will make it out to the open market for significantly less than what people are paying now.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JVC said:
As of right now, only about 1/6th of the Tim Beckham razor metal print run will sell (about 15 min left in the listing). Brian states in the listing that the unsold copies will be retained but never sold for less than the $25 current asking price. To those that are buying, are you worried at all that the unsold copies are going to make it to the market at a lower price than what you are paying now?

I'd wait until the auction ends before assuming anything.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
JVC said:
cgilmo said:
He has been clear from the start that autographs are not going to be destroyed. The destruction was of razor metal base cards.

I completely understand. I just wonder if somehow those cards will make it out to the open market for significantly less than what people are paying now.

I certainly hope not.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I don't think he will drop the price. He can just keep relisting the cards until they are finally sold out. I still don't think he is listing his other Metal Autos until he sees how the market responds to his current distribution method. So far it has been beneficial to the buyers.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
bballcardkid said:
I don't think he will drop the price. He can just keep relisting the cards until they are finally sold out. I still don't think he is listing his other Metal Autos until he sees how the market responds to his current distribution method. So far it has been beneficial to the buyers.

He claims otherwise. He told me he's listing them as they come back from the players, although due to the recent mass minor league reassignments, they are slow in returning them.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. If I counted that correctly, only 79 out of a possible 455 sold.

Wonder what the next step will be.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Jaypers said:
JVC said:

I'd wait until the auction ends before assuming anything.

OK, so none sold in the final 10 minutes. That leaves 376 Tim Beckham Razor Metal autos out there. If Brian doesn't end up selling them off himself, when and how do you think they'll show up?

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Jaypers said:

I came up with 79 sold as well...too bad the extras won't be destroyed. Would have been a great SP auto to have!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
notoriousrmb said:
Jaypers said:

I came up with 79 sold as well...too bad the extras won't be destroyed. Would have been a great SP auto to have!

Brian clearly paid a lot of money for Tim's autograph, per his contract with Razor. Not surprised at all that he's not destroying them.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jaypers said:
bballcardkid said:

He claims otherwise. He told me he's listing them as they come back from the players, although due to the recent mass minor league reassignments, they are slow in returning them.

I've heard that as well, however he can't possibly think that if he lists 150-450 of these cards all at once that they will have a chance to sell out. I think he is using these first two cards to test what price he needs to start the others, factored into the cost per auto, and at what quantity.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
bballcardkid said:
Jaypers said:
bballcardkid said:

I've heard that as well, however he can't possibly think that if he lists 150-450 of these cards all at once that they will have a chance to sell out. I think he is using these first two cards to test what price he needs to start the others, factored into the cost per auto, and at what quantity.

Clearly he has no problem with the auto parallels, as every one has sold out so far. The base autos? Dunno there.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Let's say that Brian can't move the entire print run at $25 a pop. Does anyone think that these might show up in a future packed-out product, and if so, what would that do to the price of the ones that were bought on ebay?

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
JVC said:
Let's say that Brian can't move the entire print run at $25 a pop. Does anyone think that these might show up in a future packed-out product, and if so, what would that do to the price of the ones that were bought on ebay?

I wouldnt so much be worried about this as I would be as an invester waiting for the opportune time to sell my stash. Say He gets called up and now is the time to SELL SELL SELL, well brian has 350 left and is willing to sell them at $25 a pop, what makes you think you can provide a profit margin on your personal stash?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
What is everyone's opinion on why these didn't "grab" more buyers?

Looking at the auction, only 33 different buyers purchased the base Beckham autographs and clearly more than 33 people out there have heard of Tim Beckham.

Limited amount of people prospecting? Even though all indications are that more people are prospecting now than they have in years past.

Limited market recognition of the Razor name brand? Plausible, and something that Razor is going to start working on.

Poor reception due the condition problems on the earlier Metal releases? Plausible. People may be more willing to accept a BGS 8 of a card limited to only 50 or less, but not 450 or less.

Quantity available? Even though Bowman Chrome releases roughly 2500 of each.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Kutzy said:
JVC said:

I wouldnt so much be worried about this as I would be as an invester waiting for the opportune time to sell my stash. Say He gets called up and now is the time to SELL SELL SELL, well brian has 350 left and is willing to sell them at $25 a pop, what makes you think you can provide a profit margin on your personal stash?

That's a great point.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Looking at the auction, only 33 different buyers purchased the base Beckham autographs and clearly more than 33 people out there have heard of Tim Beckham.

Limited amount of people prospecting? Even though all indications are that more people are prospecting now than they have in years past.

Limited market recognition of the Razor name brand? Plausible, and something that Razor is going to start working on.

Poor reception due the condition problems on the earlier Metal releases? Plausible. People may be more willing to accept a BGS 8 of a card limited to only 50 or less, but not 450 or less.

Well, it is a Monday afternoon. Not exactly a prime time.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I think it's the distribution method ... anyone who doesn't frequent FCB.com has no idea about these cards existing. I'm not complaining though, I grabbed 5 at $25 a pop ... 1/2 the price of his signature series autos #/499.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Casey2884 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I think it's the distribution method ... anyone who doesn't frequent FCB.com has no idea about these cards existing. I'm not complaining though, I grabbed 5 at $25 a pop ... 1/2 the price of his signature series autos #/499.

Thats why I love this method. I don't see how it's bad for the buyer.

Members online