Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Beckham razor metal base autos relisted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Probably the best move at present.

He only listed 76 of them, and says the rest will be sold through "various other channels".

Wonder what those will be.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Jaypers said:

He only listed 76 of them, and says the rest will be sold through "various other channels".

I still don't know what to think of the manner in which Brian is selling his autos. I just hope the market holds steady and that we don't find out a bunch of Metal parallels/autos were dumped to lower their value.

Allen

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Bruin7 said:
Jaypers said:

I still don't know what to think of the manner in which Brian is selling his autos. I just hope the market holds steady and that we don't find out a bunch of Metal parallels/autos were dumped to lower their value.

Allen

If he sells them at any price below what the original auctions were for he will probably lose the people who have stood behind him.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mredsox89 said:
Bruin7 said:
Jaypers said:

Allen

If he sells them at any price below what the original auctions were for he will probably lose the people who have stood behind him.

+1 and he knows this

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Jaypers said:

Isnt one of the BIG draws to these cards the fact that they are "Ebay Exclusives"???

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
cgilmo said:
mredsox89 said:
Bruin7 said:
Jaypers said:

Allen

+1 and he knows this

There is no doubt in my mind that they will never be sold at less. However i wonder how people would react if they were put into a product as an additional insert or something. Something other than just straight selling them

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
Do you think these prices will ever dip? Not by him, but maybe over the next few months if other buyers are looking to sell...

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The sales of the base metal both autos and non have not gone very well so far...hopefully he'll pack out a chrome product next year.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I know this may be somewhat off topic but given the way Razor is selling cards I wonder if they will ever sell made to order cards. For example if you wanted a triple auto of certain players player x auto 10.00 y 15.00 z 5.00 and blue chrome 25.00 or gold 50.00, Basically you could choose from Razor exclusive autos and parallels off of a price list to make a card. It almost seems like that could be possible at some point.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
I know this may be somewhat off topic but given the way Razor is selling cards I wonder if they will ever sell made to order cards. For example if you wanted a triple auto of certain players player x auto 10.00 y 15.00 z 5.00 and blue chrome 25.00 or gold 50.00, Basically you could choose from Razor exclusive autos and parallels off of a price list to make a card. It almost seems like that could be possible at some point.

It becomes too expensive if you are only producing a single card.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder what the "Razor Atmosphere" would be like if Razor Metal had been their initial release?

I don't grade cards, but I can see the imperfections and the centering issues that some have discussed. And, I can respect (I'm sick hearing it) the "Razor Metal was supposed to have different photography than Signature" complaint.

But what if Razor came out along side BDP with the following format:

Base Set
Blue /50
Gold /25
Red/10
Black /5
Emerald /1

Auto's
Regular
Blue /50
Gold /25
Red /10
Black w/ Silver paint pen /5
Emerald /1

Many called the Signature Series Tri-Staresque...I'd say there'd be very few complaints on the looks. You'd have a "Chrome" look with many of the biggest names in the 08 draft.

I understand "what if's" are a little silly...I just think the attitude towards Razor would be a lot better.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
I wonder what the "Razor Atmosphere" would be like if Razor Metal had been their initial release?

I don't grade cards, but I can see the imperfections and the centering issues that some have discussed. And, I can respect (I'm sick hearing it) the "Razor Metal was supposed to have different photography than Signature" complaint.

But what if Razor came out along side BDP with the following format:

Base Set
Blue /50
Gold /25
Red/10
Black /5
Emerald /1

Auto's
Regular
Blue /50
Gold /25
Red /10
Black w/ Silver paint pen /5
Emerald /1

Many called the Signature Series Tri-Staresque...I'd say there'd be very few complaints on the looks. You'd have a "Chrome" look with many of the biggest names in the 08 draft.

I understand "what if's" are a little silly...I just think the attitude towards Razor would be a lot better.

I've thought about this also. Even if they had stuck with their original plan and added the chrome cards to Signature Series it may have worked out better. Something about a company selling cards direct doesn't have the same feel as the cards being pulled. Topps was able to do it on thepit.com because they already had product recognition. Razor could have tried this "direct" approach a couple years from now after the Metal product got popular packed out.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
The Razor Metal cards look amazing ,but the way they are being distributed makes it more of QVC item than a actual product you can collect/prospect.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
tim will only sign ONE item IP and makes it "TO" . I missed his foulball by a couple feet .most of hot rods sign one or two but "to" . did get a foul signed by jeremy

Members online