Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The NOT Top Prospect- Jon Gilmore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozzie's translator

Aug 10, 2008
U.S. Cellular field
Intimidators....HAH :lol: 4 game hitless streaks...it happens, he had a reeeeal crappy stretch last year early.

Look at Brandon Allen's line after tonights game, it will make you feel alot better. Beckham and Viciedo looked good too, the Barons are the team to watch!! And Danks was 2-4 in Winston-Salem :D

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
That's nothing, Tommy Hickman is 0 for 12 with 7 k's (7k's in 12 AB's!!! :D ) The gold auto i bought for $20 a few months ago doesn't look like a possible, high-risk, steal anymore :cry: Of course Hickman was never considered elite

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
Was Gilmore ever really considered an elite prospect to begin with?
Gilmore is indeed "elite" when discussing prospects from Iowa. For reference however, I have a good friend who is also a scout and when Gilmore was drafted, he claimed that Gilmore would be twice the player than Ryan Sweeney (a fellow Eastern Iowa kid) was/is.

That said, he has struggled tremendously in professional ball.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here's another horrible start:
Justin Upton is still batting .000 (0-13 with 7 strikeouts, as of today's game in the 6th inning.)

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
:lol: I'm infamous now for buying GIlmore.

Here's the thing. He's a HS prospect from freaking Iowa, meaning he has not faced a lot of advanced pitching. If you're not fom CA, TX, AZ, FL, states like that, when you're in HS, you will be behind the learning curve.

Slow starts are a part of that. I truly expect him to struggle throughout all of April, and start to pick it up in mid-May. The dude can rake, regardless of his slow starts and long adjustment periods.

Mike, he really hasn't struggled tremendously in pro ball; check out his stats after his demotion last year. He was way, way over his head in Low-A, but the Braves knew that, and just tossed him in there to sink or swim. He sunk.

After that though, he was demoted to Rookie Ball, and actually tore **** up for most of the year. I'm glad to see he can bounce back like that, and I have no problem admitting I have well over a grand into him. I doubt he pays off for me until at least late 2010, probably more like 2011 or even later.

So there's my thoughts. :D

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
chuckbartowski said:
He started pretty slow last year too.

he ended slow too

but, I am not counting Danville.

He really needs to perform at a league past rookie ball for me to take him seriously. I love the kid, and I love his name, but now is the time for him to step up.

Members online