Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros Fans Have Hope!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Jordan Lyles, Brad Dydalewicz, Ross Seaton, and Robert Bono are a combined 4-0 with a 1.35 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP in Lexington. Kyle Greenwalt hasn't even pitched yet and he was the best of the bunch last year. These guys may be only 19 or 20 but the playoff drought won't last too much longer. We aren't the Cubs you know! :lol:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Of those names you mentioned, I'm highest on Seaton. Keep an eye on this kid.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Actually, to tell the old family secret...Jordan Lyles won't turn 19 until the season is over.

So he pitched last season after being drafted at 17, this season he is 18 for the entire Low-A season.

If I'm not mistaken, he was the youngest player drafted in the 2008 Draft.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
trevordchi said:
The playoff drought won't last too much longer. We aren't the Cubs you know! :lol:

Making the Playoffs isn't a problem for the Cubs, doing anything notable in the Playoffs is the problem.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
i say call them all up... heck, hold open tryouts for the other 8 positions, then maybe someone can put a run on the board.

I knew the astros were gonna be down this year, but not this down... It's good to know there are some positives with the younger kids, though.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Speaking of Astros minor leaguer's, where is (or what happenned to) Chris Johnson? He played (in AAA) on the 9th & 10th then disappeared from the lineup..Injury?... :?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Reds in 2009 said:
trevordchi said:
The playoff drought won't last too much longer. We aren't the Cubs you know! :lol:

Making the Playoffs isn't a problem for the Cubs, doing anything notable in the Playoffs is the problem.

Maybe not the last couple of years. But more years than not they suck and are out of it by July 4.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
Of those names you mentioned, I'm highest on Seaton. Keep an eye on this kid.

I'm high on Seaton because of his personality and background. deadwitz, lyles, and greenwalt are all potential top 3 starters as well. If at least 2 of them reach their ceilings things will be looking up.

Members online

Latest posts