Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Explain paypal to me, the process of setting it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Every time I try and set up a paypal account, it asks for checking account numbers.

Can't I just set it up through my credit card or a debit card and be done with it?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I'm not sure about that as I have mine directed through my bank account (but also have a CC on the account just in case, though I will not use the CC unless it is an emergensy & that is just about never).
Anyhow, I want to add on to your question & ask any of you member's if you can setup a Paypal account through a PO Box (also, can you open an Ebay account up through a P.O. Box)? Please LMK if any of you have the answer! Thanks all & Good Luck in your quest for your answer Rud! :D

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
isn't your debit card hooked up to your checking account? the reason why they ask for your checking account info, is that they make three small deposits to that account (very small, like under $0.50), then you have to tell them what the deposits were, thats how they verify its really you setting up the account.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
G $MONEY$ said:
isn't your debit card hooked up to your checking account? the reason why they ask for your checking account info, is that they make three small deposits to that account (very small, like under $0.50), then you have to tell them what the deposits were, thats how they verify its really you setting up the account.

No, its a seperate account.

So theres no way to pay for an auction unless you go through the checking account info?

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Rudzud said:

So theres no way to pay for an auction unless you go through the checking account info?

You need to set it up using your bank account but once it is set up you can add your credit card to it and pay using that.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Rudzud said:
G $MONEY$ said:

I didn't have my bank account attached to my paypal account for months after I set it up, but I'm not sure if they still allow you to do that.

Craig

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
I think now they make you have a bank account to set up a Paypal account. I just set up a Paypal account for my parents a few weeks ago and I couldn't find a way to set up an account with just a credit card. Although I did not look too much so there could have been a way I missed.

Once you have the account set up though all you have have to do is add a Credit Card and then when you pay for a item it will list funding options and just make sure it is paying from your credit card and not you bank account.

Members online

Latest posts