Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AA Springfield Cardinals Game/ Razor Gold Metal Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Beautiful day for baseball. Springfield pulled it out in the bottom of the 8th and held on for a W.

Got to see Brett Wallace play third, he had DH'd every game I had seen him in previously. He actually looks to have good hands and a good arm. He doesn't however look like he has any instincts as to where the ball is going, or he just can't get his lower half to move in time.

Daryl Jones is still resting after getting beaned the other night. Steve Hill put up a good game(3-5, 2 2Bs and 1 RBI) and played solid D behind the plate. Trey Hearne looked really solid allowed 1 over 4.1, only 1 k; but only 2 hits...lots of ground balls. Cardinals fans keep an eye on Elvis Hernandez, looked at his numbers from last year and meh....but he was lights out today and has some filthy stuff. He had 2IP, 0 hits, 0 bb, and 1k...on a nasty nasty hook.

Before the game i was lucky enough to get the two autos I really wanted; Brett Wallace and Daryl Jones.
My Wallace Metal Gold had a pretty rough surface, so I figured why not. It's in all likelihood PC for quite a while anyway. Used a Staedtler Lumoclor pen, worked incredibly well.

wallacegoldauto.jpg

The DJ was around so I got him on a Chrome Base, same pen.

joneschromeau.jpg

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Very cool. I would have done the same thing with that Wallace. The surface is horrible (no excuse for that IMO). I like Daryl Jones a lot. Hopefully the injury doesn't keep him out of to many games.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Very cool. I would have done the same thing with that Wallace. The surface is horrible (no excuse for that IMO). I like Daryl Jones a lot. Hopefully the injury doesn't keep him out of to many games.

Jones said he should be back Thursday, just precautionary. I just realized that I had my scanner set on high contrast, so it really pulled out every little nook and cranny....but I do like it auto'd. Also really glad I found a pen for chrome! I'll probably send it in to BGS to be authenticated and slabbed.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Jurgy25 said:
What do you think about Hill? 1st good game of the year so far for him which is nice.

I do really like him, still doesn't look like a great catcher...but I can definitely see improvement over last season. I heard an interview with him after the game and he seems to be getting more into calling the game. I not sure what Pop Warner (Mgr) would say about that, I was somewhat under the impression he called the game from the dugout.

His bat is tough to hate too, two solid games in a row. His line last year after being promoted to Springfield was really tasty for a Cardinals backstop!

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
rookierolodex said:
Geoff-nice autos, hoping to get down to a game soon to get BW on a ball.

Thanks! Let me know when you come down, would love to go to the game with you...maybe all the old DP guys.

Latest posts