Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AJ Burnett...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
When he is on, he is easily one of the best pitchers in baseball. Unfortunately, when he is not on, he is absolutely awful. There isnt much of a middle ground with AJ.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
numba1yankeefan said:
please dont mention anymore about his performance ;) :evil:
atleast until it happens

I just said he looks good!!! That's all! I was so-so about the Burnett signing. But if he keeps pitching like tonight and last outing, he's gonna force me to like him.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
disengager said:
NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER

AJ BURNETT HAS A NO HITTER THROUGH 5 INNINGS

Go Rays
And why was this post necessary? So you can be a jerk to all of the yankee fans on the boards? If so, mission accomplished.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
trademhigh said:
disengager said:

Go Rays
And why was this post necessary? So you can be a jerk to all of the yankee fans on the boards? If so, mission accomplished.

Don't you know? That's accepted. If it were any other team, it would be poor sportsmanship, but it's cool and hip and even righteous to hate the Yankees.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
leatherman said:
Jays_Cards said:
When he is on, he is easily one of the best pitchers in baseball. Unfortunately, when he is not on, he is absolutely awful. There isnt much of a middle ground with AJ.

When he threw his no-hitter, he walked 9 guys. He was both on and off the same night.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 5120.shtml

Pitchers who walked 9 or more batters in a game and still won: http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... areit/8Zx9

David
Very interesting David, thanks for the info.

So AJ Bunett was the 2nd pitcher to have a no hitter and a WHIP of 1.00 for the game

braden

Aug 7, 2008
One of the absolute dumbest things possible is believing in jinxing a no-hitter. The only thing dumber is believing a post on a message board can jinx anything, let alone a no-hitter.

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
trademhigh said:
disengager said:

Go Rays

Missions accomplished:

- Teasing all of those who actually believe internet postings jinx no hitters
- Getting the classic "why's everyone always gotta be picking on me" yankees fans to whine.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
braden said:
One of the absolute dumbest things possible is believing in jinxing a no-hitter. The only thing dumber is believing a post on a message board can jinx anything, let alone a no-hitter.

Hahaha - I was going to post something just like this until I saw yours on page 2 ... bravo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts