Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else tired of the Dream Team comparisons??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I am sick and tired of hearing every Olympic USA mens basketball team, and any other USA team assembled being compated to the Dream Team with Jordan, Magic and Bird.

Media are always asking 'if this team is better' yadda yadda everytime a new team is assembled.

NO team will ever be better than the Dream Team, ever. Period.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
I am sick and tired of hearing every Olympic USA mens basketball team, and any other USA team assembled being compated to the Dream Team with Jordan, Magic and Bird.

Media are always asking 'if this team is better' yadda yadda everytime a new team is assembled.

I concur. Period. Explanation point.

PS - Love the sig :lol:

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
promodeltodd said:
Sam Banks said:

I concur. Period. Explanation point.

PS - Love the sig :lol:

i also agree...there will never be another dream team like that. im glad i was old enough to remember them playing, that was good times!

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
There's no comparing the lack of talent in their opponents too. You never hear much about how much better the world is now due to the dream team. If the dream team wasn't so awesome, I doubt the world would be so good right now.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
This team came as close as any team could possibly get to a dream team in todays basketball world, and for that I respect them. These "pampered" NBA players sacrificed 3 straight summers and bought into a system, and were successful because of it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I personally find myself agitated more and more every time I hear people trying to compare an athlete today to someone from the past.Chances are Michael Jordan will end up being the greatest basketball player ever hands down.But I don't try to compare everyone to him and I think its kind of dumb to do so or base how good of a player someone is to Jordan or one of the other greats.The same thing happened when Stackhouse came for NC and everyone thought he would be the next Jordan.I guess I just never cared for the comparison.

Add to that the entire team and you can't compare some of the all time greats to current superstars who will eventually be greats as well but from a different era.Its like comparing Alex Rodriguez to Babe Ruth or Brett Farve to Roger Staubach.Its a dumb comparison.Brett Farve is what he is now and so is A-Rod.These are different eras with different things to consider so the comparison is shot down right out of the gate.

Nothing will ever be like the original dream team.

Members online