Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st time i cried since titanic...HUGE shoutout to fcb's best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
hey fellas,

i just wanted to take this time to say i was absolutely left speechless from an act so stunning, it took me a while to fully grasp what the hell just happened....

zach (nikobaseball) pm'ed me last night if i will be around. took the day off from work to work something out with my cpa in the morning so i was free in the afternoon

zach just stopped by with a package that contained a card below

IMG_0002.jpg

then he hands me this card below. one of my white whales that i've been looking forever for my collection.....

IMG_0003-1.jpg

2001 bowman chrome ichiro suzuki gold refractor #8/99 bgs 9.5 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i 1st saw this card when i went to the hofstra card show a few months ago. joe's (jcmint) buddy had this in the showcase and instantly fell in love with it. at the time, it was truly out of the $ range so the last 2+ months, i have been selling stuff and saving enough cash to hopefully purchase this card above and had bugged joe constantly if he could work with his pal and see if he could budge on the price so that i can obtain it

i want to give a HUGE thanks from the bottom of my heart to

nikobaseball
bigfan5
bruin7
jjj7880
bouwob
chuckbartowski
allincards
jvc
boomo
laneyb
jcmint
flightposite
fugazzi
bungle77
pinbreaker
mlbsalltimesgreats
roy birchler
rolltide4life
a_pharis
johansantana57

guys, ill be contacting you guys later but i just want everyone here at fcb to know what type of people we have on the boards.

again, words cannot express how i feel about this.....

thank you so much. i do not think i deserve it but i will def. treasure this gift

your pal,

dave

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Man-o-man, that puppy is gorgeous Dave. Well deserved!!!!!! Congrats

Please tell me you didn't cry during Titanic, that's kinda wimpy!!!!!!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Incredible gesture by all those members and Dave....you definitely deserved that for all you do on the boards.

Amazing card I bet it looks so nice in person.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
dave,

you deserve this + more, I just didnt wanna make you faint ;)
I always planned on doing something like this for you, and decided to finally take the initiative up and do it...thanks to everyone who contributed and helped to get this thing done, and I'm psyched I coordinated it all and got the card to dave in under 72 hrs :shock: I even set up a special PM section in my user CP called "daveyou"

honestly bud, you deserve it so much and I'm glad you liked it,
i'll be seeing ya

zach

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
damn, why the **** wasnt I asked to partake in this..grr....

Contrats Dave, you deserve it man.

I still like the signed griffey cin jersey we all got magicpapa though :p

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Great stuff, Dave.

Show me another site with message boards that have this much generosity.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
AMAZING JOB fellas...without a doubt that is SOOOOO outstanding!!!! Definitely could not have gone to a cool and deserving dude either :mrgreen:

Alex

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
damn, why the frack wasnt I asked to partake in this..grr....

Contrats Dave, you deserve it man.

I still like the signed griffey cin jersey we all got magicpapa though :p

To Rud and others who wished to have participate:

I know that there are so many people who wanted to reward Dave, but as I was coordinating this project, I already had enough $$ with the people listed above and didn't want to go crazy PM'ing every member. I tried to pick people I was friendly with + Dave was friendly with, he's got too many friends to include all of you :D :D sorry guys

zach

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
This couldn't have happened to a more deserving member. Congrats on the sweet addition to the Ichiro PC!

Zach- No big deal. I would have loved to have helped as well. Maybe this time my name would have been remembered on the card. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Joe

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
All In Cards said:
Dave is a closet crier and a jewel fan.

at least he waited till I drove away to start crying...he just stood outside, staring in amazement as I pulled away :D :lol:

ROLLTIDE4LIFE

Sep 10, 2008
Niko is the man for doing this, he made it very easy on everyone to participate and deserves most of the credit. I just wanted to let Dave know we appreciate him on the boards and though I couldn't contribute much I had to give something to reward such an awesome member. Hope you love it Davey Boy!

Ethan

Members online

Latest posts