Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A few notes about Ian Kinsler's cycle last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

The last player to with six hits in a game and hit for the cycle was William Farmer Weaver for the Louisville Colonels on Aug. 12, 1890.

This is dead wrong. Rondell White had 6 hits when he hit for the cycle: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 6110.shtml

White's was in an extra inning game, so perhaps they meant to include "in a nine inning game."

White and Kinsler had similar box scores: 2 singles, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 5 runs scored and 1 stolen base.

Adrian Beltre, White, and Kinsler are the only players to score 5 runs in their cycle.

Although Charlie Moore had 2 stolen bases in his cycle, only 9 players have ever hit for the cycle and recorded even 1 stolen base. This list includes three HOFers: Lou Brock, Rod Carew, and Mickey Mantle.

11 players, including Kinsler, have recorded two doubles in a cycle game.

No player has ever hit two triples in a cycle game.

3 players have hit 2 home runs in a cycle game: George Brett, Greg Colbrunn, and Carl Yastrzemski.

In addition to White and Kinsler's 6 hit cycles, there have been 25 other 5-hit cycles. The last was by both Stephen Drew and Adrian Beltre, who both had 5 hit cycles on the same day last year, September 1st, 2008.

David

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Sorry, but... Kinsler is the first to do what he did since 1890. The player you references went a mere 6 of 7 and hit for the cycle. Kinsler went 6 of 6 and hit for the cycle.
The only bad thing about this record is that now there will be thousands of little league kids copying Kinslers "Obnoxious as all giddy up" batting stance. Yuk

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Well maybe if he wasn't trying to take away a bit of Kinsler's Props be saying "dead wrong" I wouldn't have chimed in. If some makes history, trying to discount their accomplishment by misquoting the actual record is redicuolous. Be happy history was made.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Sweetness said:
Well maybe if he wasn't trying to take away a bit of Kinsler's Props be saying "dead wrong" I wouldn't have chimed in. If some makes history, trying to discount their accomplishment by misquoting the actual record is redicuolous. Be happy history was made.

He wasn't taking anything away from Kinsler, and the statement that:

The last player to with six hits in a game and hit for the cycle was William Farmer Weaver for the Louisville Colonels on Aug. 12, 1890.

is dead wrong.

If you honestly think leatherman was trying to take something away from Kinsler you're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Craig

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Sweetness said:

Misspelling ridiculous is ridiculous. Take out "sweet" and substitute "stupid".

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Read the next sentence after the one you just qouted. Think to yourself before you defend someone. Then think whether or not you will make yourself look foolish. And if you do make yourself look a bit tardish... try extra hard the second time and think real hard. Twice now you've proved a bit slow. Please don't try a third time.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
70Chip said:
Sweetness said:

Misspelling ridiculous is ridiculous. Take out "sweet" and substitute "stupid".
DAM IM STUPID

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Sweetness said:
Read the next sentence after the one you just qouted. Think to yourself before you defend someone. Then think whether or not you will make yourself look foolish. And if you do make yourself look a bit tardish... try extra hard the second time and think real hard. Twice now you've proved a bit slow. Please don't try a third time.

This is dead wrong. Rondell White had 6 hits when he hit for the cycle: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 6110.shtml

Okay I read it again. What is wrong about it? The statement made on mlb.com that William Weaver was the last with six hits in a game and hit for the cycle was dead wrong. Rondell White had 6 hits when he hit for the cycle.

You are quite possibly the biggest idiot that has ever graced this board.

Maybe you should think a little harder next time.

Craig

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
6-6 in a 9 inning game is definitely better than 6-7 in an extra inning game. But I think we all know that... Kinsler for MVP!
Had better numbers than that Pedroia guy last year in fewer games...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Craig - 21hawk said:
Sweetness said:

Okay I read it again. What is wrong about it? The statement made on mlb.com that William Weaver was the last with six hits in a game and hit for the cycle was dead wrong. Rondell White had 6 hits when he hit for the cycle.

Craig

Really? Ever? You must not be on here much. lol

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
sportscardtheory said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
Sweetness said:

Craig

Really? Ever? You must not be on here much. lol

It's not just this. I've never seen him make a worthwhile, or even a not stupid, post. Plus when someone tries to be all snarky when they are the nitwit involved it just elevates things.

Craig

Members online

Latest posts