Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 UD Ionix wrong back question? With Scans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
I purchased a box today. All the cool inserts and such. Then I get to Pedro Martinez Recipricol. Only problem is it has Tim Hudsons Recipricol card back. Seen wrong backs on the bay but never pulled one. Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks for the read,

Dan

Front
marterror1.jpg

Back
marterror2.jpg

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Re: 2000 UD Ionix wrong back question?

No help for you but Ionix and HoloGrFx were cool products. I remember when we lucked upon a retail sale at a grocery store were packs of Ionix were $1.50 each. Fun times.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Not sure what kind of input you are looking for, but it's a cool "oddball" find. As I don't have the card in question, I'll assume that they were not all mistakes like that.

In regards to rarity, who knows. It's more of a print defect that shouldn't have left the printing house so I would assume that there are less than 100 in existence...probably leaning a lot closer to 20.

Collectible to a Pedro collector...and without a huge fan base...probably a $10 card to an error/defect collector.

NOTE: Everything is complete speculation.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Check these out, not only are they wrong back, but superimposed and off center as well.

I managed to locate the front and backs from two separate sellers!

w_2000--udi--error2.jpg
w_2000--udi--error1.jpg

brumbach

Yeah, $5-10 tops probably, though I did get about $40 for a 1999 Fleer Brilliants Nomar with Ripken's name stamped on front, or maybe it was the other way around. That was back in 2000/2001. Neat cards Onion. Most of the errors I used to have like this were not as nicely lined up as your Ionix, they are usually upside down or overstamped or relatively unsightly.

Latest posts