Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My non elite NEftali Feliz stash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
In honor of his first AAA win last night, here are my non Donruss Elite cards of Feliz:

img571.jpg

I still have to scan most of my elite stuff...the Threads is a platinum /10. Show 'em off if you got 'em!

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
What he does in AAA needs to be viewed in the proper perspective. He is clearly being fast-tracked with such an aggressive promotion. He could have likely used some time in AA, but until he proves otherwise, the Rangers are justified in testing such an elite talent. It would be nice to see his control improve, and he will definitely need to straighten the walk issue out before a promotion to the Show is even considered. That said, great stash, and he should be quite profitable.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
What he does in AAA needs to be viewed in the proper perspective. He is clearly being fast-tracked with such an aggressive promotion. He could have likely used some time in AA, but until he proves otherwise, the Rangers are justified in testing such an elite talent. It would be nice to see his control improve, and he will definitely need to straighten the walk issue out before a promotion to the Show is even considered. That said, great stash, and he should be quite profitable.

I'm not sure why teams are rushing prospects like this as of late. Jordan Walden only got 9 starts in the Cal League last year. They started him off in AA right out of the gate this year. I thought this was a bad move. Feliz seems to be handling it a bit better than Walden ,but both need to work on their control.

PS: Very nice stash. Didn't mean to derail the the topic.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
pujolsjunkie said:

I'm not sure why teams are rushing prospects like this as of late. Jordan Walden only got 9 starts in the Cal League last year. They started him off in AA right out of the gate this year. I thought this was a bad move. Feliz seems to be handling it a bit better than Walden ,but both need to work on their control.

Yeah Walden had a rough go of it last night. As time goes on, he'll throw a few more strikes and counteract his struggles with that bowling ball sinker of his. Hopes are high on both of these guys, with Feliz obviously ahead of the curve. Not to be morbid, but Nick Adenhart's passing did make Walden the Angels' de facto #1 prospect (if he wasn't it already).

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
AKA Coastal said:
pujolsjunkie said:

Yeah Walden had a rough go of it last night. As time goes on, he'll throw a few more strikes and counteract his struggles with that bowling ball sinker of his. Hopes are high on both of these guys, with Feliz obviously ahead of the curve. Not to be morbid, but Nick Adenhart's passing did make Walden the Angels' de facto #1 prospect (if he wasn't it already).

Yea, I hope the Angels don't try rushing him up because of this. He actually wasn't as bad as the line says he was last night. He got the 4 batter he walked to 2-3 counts and was getting squeezed big time by the ump. It didn't help either that the relief pitcher that came in to replace him after he hurt his foot gave up 2 more runs to tack on his total's. I'm just glad his injury last night wasn't serious.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I would have liked to see Neftali back in AA to work on his command, but he is more than holding his own in AAA so its really no big deal. I expect him to be in the majors sometime this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts