Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

your prospecting philosophy

when deciding a player what do you put the most weight on?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
but hype is generally a result of good production as well as the team he plays for and his rankings/reviews in publications such as BA.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
In no order, my three MAJOR criteria...

1. Organization - Some of them just get no love, no matter how big the prospect is. Strasburg will likely be the first Nats prospect to get major attention in a LONG time.

2. Production - Certain levels and the prospect's production speak volumes, but only sometimes. Take this one with a grain of salt.

3. Age - Only somewhat do I look at this, simply because it's been proven wrong in the last few years. Take this one with an even bigger grain of salt.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Only 1 other person besides me looks at the rankings in a publication? Ratings usually generate hype, and include scouting reports. Couple a quality ranking with a great performance and you have gold.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
Jaypers said:
Their astrological sign.

Wow! I did not even consider that! Thank you for your ever important advice... I'll be sure to consider this in the future when picking prospects.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
bballcardkid said:
Only 1 other person besides me looks at the rankings in a publication? Ratings usually generate hype, and include scouting reports. Couple a quality ranking with a great performance and you have gold.

At least 60% of the publications are wrong or skewed.

BA and BP are the best out there and even they can be off sometimes.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Invest4thefuture said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Invest4thefuture said:
Jaypers said:
Their astrological sign.

Wow! I did not even consider that! Thank you for your ever important advice... I'll be sure to consider this in the future when picking prospects.

Now, Now.

Lets not deviate from FCB rule #1.....

Take everything Jaypers says with a grain of salt?

Bingo! :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts