Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Diego out, Koscheck in against Alves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
"Sherdog.com is reporting that Diego Sanchez has been forced out of his UFC 90 bout with Thiago Alves due to a spleen injury although MMANews.com has been told by sources close to the Sanchez camp that it is in fact a rib cage injury that is the main issue.

Although this was one of the most highly anticipated fights of the month of October, fear not, as Josh Koscheck has agreed to step in as a replacement for Sanchez, thus making it still a top ten welterweight showdown.

The winner of this bout could have a date with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre on their agenda somewhere down the road.

Both fighters are coming off victories in their previous bouts with Alves defeating Matt Hughes, while Koscheck defeated Chris Lytle in a unanimous decision victory at UFC 86. "

tough break for Diego as a win would have pretty much set him up for a title shot. now it looks as though someone else will get one before him. only way i could see him getting the next shot is if he heals fairly quickly and wins a bout against a guy like Hughes, Serra, or a win in a rematch with Fitch.

G

Seen this earlier tonight.

Sucks on one hand, but great on the other.

I would LOVE to see Diego get beat, but now I get to see Koscheck get beat.

At least they replaced one fighter I don't like with another fighter I don't like.

Aug 29, 2008
Ahh this sucks. Alves is my favorite fighter and I think Koscheck poses a much harder challenge than Diego. Koscheck has amazing wrestling and his striking gets better every fight. Also I don't think this should be the number 1 contender match unless BJ takes the belt from St. Pierre. Koscheck already got his ass handed to him by St. Pierre and I don't think he deserves a rematch yet.

It will be nice if Alves wins because I actually like Diego and I HATE Kos.

Members online