Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox vs Os

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Just turned it on.....can someone explain to me why Adam Jones is not in CF?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
He was originally starting but was replaced with Pie probably from the pitch he was hit by last night..

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
O's center fielder Adam Jones has left today's game in Boston in the second inning. It was reported on the MASN telecast that he left due to right hamstring soreness. Felix Pie, who did not start, has replaced Jones in center.

Jones, who began today hitting .381-2-12, grounded out to third base in his first at bat in the top of the first inning. Jones began today 10th in the AL in batting average and tied for 6th in RBI. He had a seven-game hitting streak snapped last night.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Funny, Uehara was mediocre to poor in his first two starts and got the win in both. Today, he pitches well and will likely lose.

Reason #4,517,923 that a pitcher's W-L record is meaningless.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
braden said:
Funny, Uehara was mediocre to poor in his first two starts and got the win in both. Today, he pitches well and will likely lose.

Agreed. But there should be some stat citing losses when you have a quality start

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
mredsox89 said:
braden said:

Agreed. But there should be some stat citing losses when you have a quality start

I'd be for that. Especially for the modern pitchers who's wins get blown all the time. Compared to the past where guys basically lost their own games. If they added saves to the stat line, I think they should also add blown wins to the starters line.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
nborton said:
mredsox89 said:
braden said:

I'd be for that. Especially for the modern pitchers who's wins get blown all the time. Compared to the past where guys basically lost their own games. If they added saves to the stat line, I think they should also add blown wins to the starters line.
Santana would be 30-0 every year :lol:

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Saito makes it interesting but gets a K to end it.
It's his first save opp in Fenway, I'll take it. That was a great piece of hitting by Huff on the double anyway.

Members online

Latest posts