Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Few Question for the more experienced sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
So I know a number of people have comepleted sets and sold them and put that moeny into things they need or other ventures. I have been working on th 2003 Topps 205 set since it first came out. I have the base set, mini polar bear parallel set, and the insert Triple Folder set comlete. I have all of the autos and all but 13 or the relic cards.

Of the remaining 13, several are big names and some of them I have never seen before. I am not giving up, but wondering how people have done with selling sets of this nature before. There are some big names players in this set, H. Aaron, N. Ryan, A. Rodriguez, A. Pujols. I am wondering though what sort of value people think that I could get and if I was to break it upm what direction to go. I am not saying that I am looking to get rid of it, but the set is for sale if th right price were to arise.

Thanks!!!

IF ANYONE GOING TO THE NATIONAL WOULD BE WILLING TO LOOK FOR THE LAST 13 CARDS NEEDED, THERE WILL BE FINDER'S FEE!

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
darrend505 said:
So I know a number of people have comepleted sets and sold them and put that moeny into things they need or other ventures. I have been working on th 2003 Topps 205 set since it first came out. I have the base set, mini polar bear parallel set, and the insert Triple Folder set comlete. I have all of the autos and all but 13 or the relic cards.

Of the remaining 13, several are big names and some of them I have never seen before. I am not giving up, but wondering how people have done with selling sets of this nature before. There are some big names players in this set, H. Aaron, N. Ryan, A. Rodriguez, A. Pujols. I am wondering though what sort of value people think that I could get and if I was to break it upm what direction to go. I am not saying that I am looking to get rid of it, but the set is for sale if th right price were to arise.

Thanks!!!

IF ANYONE GOING TO THE NATIONAL WOULD BE WILLING TO LOOK FOR THE LAST 13 CARDS NEEDED, THERE WILL BE FINDER'S FEE!
It really depends on the amount of interested in the set. I have absolutely no clue how well those cards do individually on eBay. If they are popular like, for example, 2001 topps archives autographs, then you will do great. But if it's not overly popular, I don't think the fact that it's a complete set would bring much of a premium.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Most of the average player cards are easy to find pretty cheap on Ebay, but some of the star cards when they do come up get 30 plus, some of them have sold for nearer to a $100. The Aaron auto has sold for as much as $500. There have not been complete sets sold in quite some time.

I also know that I will not see a huge return on the money that i have invested, that is soemthing that I understand and am fine with. I need the money to pay some bills and to pay for a few things for my upcoming move, only reason I am considering to sell things. I would much rather keep it and complete the set, but when money is needed, you look to what you have.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
darrend505 said:
Most of the average player cards are easy to find pretty cheap on Ebay, but some of the star cards when they do come up get 30 plus, some of them have sold for nearer to a $100. The Aaron auto has sold for as much as $500. There have not been complete sets sold in quite some time.

I also know that I will not see a huge return on the money that i have invested, that is soemthing that I understand and am fine with. I need the money to pay some bills and to pay for a few things for my upcoming move, only reason I am considering to sell things. I would much rather keep it and complete the set, but when money is needed, you look to what you have.

ok so let me put this out there; i built a 2004 ultimate set with all the auto's /75. bv= $1800+ i tried getting $1000 then $800 then $500....i finally broke down and let it go for $325 i needed the $$ and if i would have had more time i could have unloaded the autos one at a time for much more since for some reason the Ian Snell auto was selling for close to $100 and the Yadi Molina was selling close to that as well, the thing is not many people want to put out a ton of cash for sets. It only usualy works when the set is out & hot, like heritage or A&G. Good luck with yours i hope you get what it's worth!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Very rarely, if ever is a full set going to sell for more than the cards as singles. I would say this is because full sets usually are too expensive for most, and the fact that others may only want individual cards, and have no use for the rest.