Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Back from Boston. Good times and a sweet Pickup w/pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
Went to Boston Thursday and Friday for MIT CPW and had a great time. I love the city and was also able to catch a Red Sox game for the first time. All I have to say is that Fenway Park is amazing. The surroundings and also the game atmosphere. Everyone in the game from inning 1-9 was into the game. The Sweet Caroline part towards the end was also great in addition to the Sox comeback.

Also got to explore a bit of the city, not much, mainly the area close to Fenway and the Harvard bridge near the Charles. I could walk across Mass Ave on the bridge any day.

Fenway
DSC03991.jpg
DSC03965.jpg
View from across towards campus
DSC03939.jpg
Well known dome
DSC03951.jpg

..... and the Sweet Pickup
So I was walking around Fenway Thursday with my host and we stopped by the team store, there was a rack of apparel labeled "defective and dirty" merchandise that was heavily discounted. I picked this out from the rack. It doesn't seem to have any defects at all, seems like the reason it was on the rack was due to a few marker spots? Anyways, the price was too good to pass up so I bought it for roughly 1/10 of the cost.
DSC03992.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

Jersey.jpg

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Glad you enjoyed Boston. Everyone is always into the game at Fenway...until the effing wave starts :evil:
What a great deal on that jersey, that's awesome. I wouldn't care about buying it "defective" like that because after wearing it once, I'd get it dirty anyway.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
KandKCards said:
Glad you enjoyed Boston. Everyone is always into the game at Fenway...until the effing wave starts :evil:
What a great deal on that jersey, that's awesome. I wouldn't care about buying it "defective" like that because after wearing it once, I'd get it dirty anyway.

Thats the only part I don't like about fenway but its not that bad. What sucks is when drunk idiots start bashing you because you don't do the wave. Gets annoying real quick.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
mredsox89 said:
KandKCards said:

Thats the only part I don't like about fenway but its not that bad. What sucks is when drunk idiots start bashing you because you don't do the wave. Gets annoying real quick.

I know, why are people in the stands at Fenway the only ones left that don't realize the Wave is dead? Do we need Congress to officially outlaw it? Where do I sign up for that?

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the visit. You might have gotten a good deal on the jersey since they don't wear those anymore.

Members online

Latest posts