Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Quentin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Gotta be one of the most underrated players in all of baseball. He was on track to win the MVP before he went down with injury last year and he just crushed another bomb and is currently leading the league so far this year. I like this guy a lot, too bad he plays for the wrong team in Chicago :p

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Gotta be one of the most underrated players in all of baseball. He was on track to win the MVP before he went down with injury last year and he just crushed another bomb and is currently leading the league so far this year. I like this guy a lot, too bad he plays for the wrong team in Chicago :p
He plays for the right team!

He hurt himself though last year, that was just dumb.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Interestingly, he led the league in 'almost' home runs last year with something like 12-13 homers that just barely made it out.

That led many stat-head folks to conclude that his power numbers could easily dip this year from 35 ish to 25 ish based on nothing but luck alone.

Well he's already put up more homeruns in the first week than they were worried about him losing to bad luck.

I'd say he's for real, and we all need to get used to the idea that Carlos Quentin is a power hitting monster.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="Pine Tar":2uh1b5ru]Look if he stays healthy, he will have some monster stats.

Agreed. He still had a huge final line last year despite missing a lot of time at the end of the year.[/quote:2uh1b5ru]
Yes if he did not hurt himself, and be out for the second half, he would have won the MVP and
the homerun title last season.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Mudcatsfan said:
Interestingly, he led the league in 'almost' home runs last year with something like 12-13 homers that just barely made it out.

That led many stat-head folks to conclude that his power numbers could easily dip this year from 35 ish to 25 ish based on nothing but luck alone.

Well he's already put up more homeruns in the first week than they were worried about him losing to bad luck.

I'd say he's for real, and we all need to get used to the idea that Carlos Quentin is a power hitting monster.

Great post. I think he's definitely legit, sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to bring the best out of someone.

And luckily for Quentin, do you know what they call an almost homerun?

--A homerun.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Mudcatsfan said:

Great post. I think he's definitely legit, sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to bring the best out of someone.

--A homerun.

It seems like a silly stat, but apparently you can predict players that will be up or down 5-10 homers based on the fact that they're typical hr distance is right at the fence line.

An unlucky wind pattern on the 10 days you were gonna hit 'close' homeruns means you go from a 32 homerun guy to a 22 homerun guy.

And the same goes in reverse,

Funny how dumb luck factors in.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Mudcatsfan said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Mudcatsfan said:

--A homerun.

It seems like a silly stat, but apparently you can predict players that will be up or down 5-10 homers based on the fact that they're typical hr distance is right at the fence line.

An unlucky wind pattern on the 10 days you were gonna hit 'close' homeruns means you go from a 32 homerun guy to a 22 homerun guy.

And the same goes in reverse,

Funny how dumb luck factors in.

Yeah that's really interesting actually, because when you think about it, it's true. If the guy is always hitting the ball 50 feet over the fence, he's got some room to work with.

Members online

Latest posts