Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

rick porcello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
jeremy said:
hes pitching. got 11 straight outs. after 6 innings tigers lead 5-1. wheres all the threads?
I was actually wondering too...Saw they were up 1-0 after 4 or something and he was pitching...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Porcello was absolutely dealing today. He was tough in the first three innings, but was completely dominant after that as he retired 14 batters in a row.

Overall great start by this kid. This is the reason why he is one of the top pitchers on everyone's prospect lists. He has great stuff and can flat out pitch.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Porcello was absolutely dealing today. He was tough in the first three innings, but was completely dominant after that as he retired 14 batters in a row.

Overall great start by this kid. This is the reason why he is one of the top pitchers on everyone's prospect lists. He has great stuff and can flat out pitch.
Who was it against? Not being a smart ass, never saw, was it Seattle?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aw00d05 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Yeah it was at Seattle

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I really like that he didn't get flustered after giving up a home run.

Alex

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aw00d05 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":10ls3ek0]Porcello was absolutely dealing today. He was tough in the first three innings, but was completely dominant after that as he retired 14 batters in a row.

Yeah it was at Seattle[/quote:10ls3ek0]
Probably didn't hurt, but he's definately got talent...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Codasco07 said:
Only 86 pitches for 7 innings, 3:0 K:BB. If the strikeouts come, he'll be one of the best in the league.

What I've been most impressed with so far is his ability to get quick outs with that sinking fastball. It gets him so many easy groundballs which result in quick outs. Obviously strikeouts are nice, but when he's getting so many quick outs after only a pitch or two like he was today, he can keep his pitch count down and go deeper into games.

Not to mention the fact that that sinking fastball got him grounders which led to a pair of inning-ending double plays in the first three innings.

The kid is tough. He showed that today.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
jeremy said:
hes pitching. got 11 straight outs. after 6 innings tigers lead 5-1. wheres all the threads?

You forgot that this was a minor league prospect hype board - who cares after they make it to the bigs! :lol: :lol:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Pine Tar said:
No threads because sucked his first start
So for him to pitch good game today was just like oh well he is still 1-1 LOL

Giving up 4 runs in a start (especially for a 20 year old making his ML debut) isn't exactly what I would call sucking.

Today's performance was more along the lines of what everyone says he can and will do in the majors. Retiring 14 in a row especially when you're facing some pretty tough veteran hitters like Ichiro and Ken Griffey Jr is pretty impressive for any major league pitcher, let alone a 20 year old.

I'm already excited to watch his next start later this week.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Pine Tar said:
No threads because sucked his first start
So for him to pitch good game today was just like oh well he is still 1-1 LOL

you obviously didnt watch his first start, because he actually pitched very good

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Fantastic start by Porcello, I knew he had it in him. This kid can pitch...sure he doesn't have the high K's but apparently he didn't need them tonight. Very impressive

I knew I picked him for my team for a good reason! ;)

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Two starts into his pro career and you can already see it emerging that he is much more a Brandon Webb type (ground balls) than a Josh Beckett type (strikeout) pitcher. This is pretty much what most scouts were saying and it so far it looks like they were spot on.

Alex

Members online