Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help breaking a BGS case.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
Any idea on how to break the case without damaging the card. My Greinke PP RC Auto is stuck in a BGS 8 case.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Aim carefully.

gun.jpg

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Take a pair of pliers and break off the top corner near the autograph grade, about a 1/2 inch in. Then take a regular head screwdriver and carefully insert it into the corner you just chipped off and twist. It should pop the case in two.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Take a large flat-head screwdriver and place the end on the label marking the grade, perpendicular to the case (the long part of the screwdriver head should be parallel with the long side of the case). Then, take a hammer and give the screwdriver a solid hit. This causes the plastic to break down the middle, freeing the card.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
ive had to bust a few...not a ton but a few of 'em for my sets n stuff like that but i usually take a phillips screw driver put it on the back of the encasing and tap it with a hammer much like someone above said but if you're careful enough the hammer works pefectly, or if you like it can be like my 2001 ex pujols & ichiro that were sent in like 3 years ago, kept in a box no damage to anything but the cases are cracked all on the edges, really funky

cardboardGIANTS

Mar 11, 2009
1. Wear safety goggles to protect your eyes from plastic shards.

2. Put a towel over the slab to further prevent plastic flying everywhere.

3. Keep your dog/cat away (I closed the door in the bathroom to protect my dog.

4. Practice on a slabbed card you can do without.

Also, I used a more powerful set of pliers. The cheaper ones don't snap as clean.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
1. Flip the card so the back side is up.
2. Take a flat head screw driver and place it on the end of the top left corner (usually where the auto grade is)
3. Using a hammer, chip away the outer casing to expose the seam in the casing.
4. Use the screw driver to pry open the case at the top, where the grading slip is at.

Members online

Latest posts