Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another under-rated player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I don't understand why Jason Bay's cards draw so little attention.
Compare Uptons stats or some of the other new guys that get big $....

$68
!BQe(78QBWk~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmYLs0BJ5I8ZWj4w~~_1.jpg

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
He is underrated, but Upton has tons more potential, that's why his cards are high and Bay's aren't he's maxed out pretty much.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I agree 100%, and he's a guy who I have been picking up recently. What people forget is that while Bay is not a prospect, there's a solid amount of potential. He's a power hitter playing in a huge market, on a team where there are plenty of moments in the spotlight (including the playoffs almost every year) there's a ton of chances for him to do something to get real recognition and to see real price increases. Throw in the fact that he has just 1 rookie autograph, and IMO it's a real bargain.

As for Upton, if you are referring to BJ, I think he's a great deal now as well.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I mean this in no desrespect but maybe because he dint show up for most of the playoffs last year. While Manny was getting big time exposure all I could do was compare what Manny was doing in the playoffs compared to Jason bay. Then I would sit there and tell myself that Jason Bay was by far no replacment for Manny especially since Manny was playing insanly. I like Bay and maybe he will get more love as the year progresses?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If he signs a long term deal with the sox I would expect an increase in his prices. As it is now, who knows if next year he will be in a big market

Members online