Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DODGER FANS - Kemp or Ethier

Who gets more love

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
These two are so close in stats, age, position, etc. etc.. And now that Manny is there, they both should be improving...who is the fan favorite of the two?

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
KEMP GETS THE LOVE FROM COLLECTORS AND "E" WELL HE GETS ALL THE LOVE FROM THE DAMN WOMEN AT THE GAMES :oops: :oops:

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I don't really think Either is that good and is more of a product of hitting behind Manny right now. Kemp on the other hand has tons of tools and a ton of raw power/speed. Expect him to be the Dodgers #3 hitter when Manny is gone.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
thefasterblade said:
I don't really think Either is that good and is more of a product of hitting behind Manny right now. Kemp on the other hand has tons of tools and a ton of raw power/speed. Expect him to be the Dodgers #3 hitter when Manny is gone.

Ethier had a two home run game from the two spot on Saturday.

I'm not sold that Ethier's "goodness" is solely due to the fact that Manny is in the lineup. I'm not saying it doesn't help, because look what it did for David Ortiz, but Ethier is developing some power in his 4th season. Does he have the speed or arm or ceiling that Kemp has? No.

That said, its tough to consider a fan favorite with Manny back in LA but what do fans know? I agree with CISCO; he's right on with the ladies loving Ethier comment.

I'll tell you what I notice though, between pitching changes Ramirez and Kemp seem to get along really well.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
This guy, the one who'll be bashing the Giants, Padres and D-backs for years to come!

01aKempMatthewBC05SuperFront.jpg

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
BigFan, you suck ;) . I love the way Matt signed the card, shows some cardboard IQ there.

As for the two players, its Kemp by a longshot. Andre is a really really really good player, but he's no Matt Kemp. Kemp is 2 1/2 years younger (a huge difference), a significantly better defender, and a true 5 tool player. Andre is NOT a product of Manny Ramirez, and will be a greatly productive player his entire career. Kemp has a chance to be one of the best all-around players in the entire game.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Bigfan5 said:
This guy, the one who'll be bashing the Giants, Padres and D-backs for years to come!

01aKempMatthewBC05SuperFront.jpg
except when lincecum, bumgarner and cain strike him out 3 times a game!

But he can hit 4 grand slams on Zito all he wants, idon't care haha

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Kemp gets the love but I personally like Ethier more (I think he'll prove to have more of a productive career than Kemp). :D

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Kemp!

On a side note, an anecdote on Ethier:

I am an IP auto collector. When Ethier first stared with the Dodgers I got him to sign 3 cards for me after a game outside of Petco park. I gave one to a friend of mine who is a big Dodger fan and the other two are in my IP PC:
EthierAndreIPAUs8-22-06.jpg
Since then, I just haven't seen Ethier sign at all after games. When the Dodgers came to San Diego earlier this year, he was leaving the stadium and started playing with his cell phone (this tells autograph hounds like me that he's not interested in signing). A few teenagers (maybe 13 or 14?) asked for his autograph as he crossed the street leaving the stadium:

Andre shakes his head and points to his phone. "Phone call," he says.

One of the kids keeps bugging him for his autograph: "C'mon man! Why do you gotta be like that?"

As Andre walks by he says over his shoulder, "I get paid a lot of money to be like that."

Now, this isn't why I say Kemp over Ethier--just a short story to share with you folks.

Anthony

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I met Andy Laroche, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, Loney, and a few other dodgers after a game a few years ago and got thier IP autos on some cards and they stud outside and talked to me and my brother in law for about 20-25 minutes before leaving to go to dinner they even told us where they were eating at if we wanted to drop by. I am only brining this up because of the above ethier story. Maybe he was in a good mood the day I met them but man they were awesome and I could not believe how nice they were. Oh and they had lost that night.

Chelo

Apr 14, 2009
I love kemp...... he is some nice eye candy( he has nice bedroom eyes) ;) ....... plus he is a good player!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Ethier is leading the NL in rbi.
Last year, he led the Dodgers in batting average, homers and OPS.
He also has one of the sweetest swings in baseball, and Joe Torre called him the best hitter on the team last year (before Manny came to LA).
He also said Ethier is untradable, while Kemp was being shopped around for a period in the offseason.

Kemp has more raw potential and has the talent to be a superstar. But will he live up to the hype?
He started hot last season too, hitting .321 in April.
But he ended up short in most stats to Ethier, despite Kemp having about 80 more at bats.

Kemp gets more press because of his great potential.
Ethier kind of flies under the radar, and I like that because it keeps his card cheaper.

Disclaimer: Ethier has been my favorite player since 2005 at AA MIdland, when I watched him play and talked to him multiple times. My wife became friendly with his mother, who went to a lot of games.
To those who say he's not nice, maybe he's changed, or maybe you saw him on a bad day, because he was always great to the fans back then.
In fact, he won the Sportsmanship Award in the Arizona Fall League in 2005.
So yes, I'm a bit biased, but that doesn't make my statements any less true.

Members online

Latest posts