Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I snagged the Killer BELTRAN Patch - IT ARRIVES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Well, for giggles, I decided to email Topps and see what they would say. Of course it's not a 100% guarantee, but does give me some confidence.

---------------------------------------------

Subject
Career Best logo patches

Discussion Thread
Response (Daniel) 04/20/2009 09:46 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry.

The career bests do indeed have logo patches. The products have very nice logos in them.

Consumer Relations Team
Customer (g g) 04/17/2009 06:14 PM
Can you tell me if your career best product have logo patches?
I purchased the scan below on ebay and seller said that he pulled it himself, and he has 100% feedback.
My main question is does this product have nice logos in them, even though they are numbered to 20?

!BQJYdpgBWk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,3Y5BJ3R(CTg5w~~_1.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: I snagged the Killer BELTRAN Patch

I don't think that all of the patches are as full or nice as that one.

Some are from the numbers.

Also, think about the number of jerseys that a player wears in 162 games. I don't know if they have a new one for every game, but I sincerely doubt that they wear the same jersey for more than a month or two.

If this logic is correct, it wouldn't be too difficult for Topps to get a hold of enough jerseys to number this set to 20. Just think between the numbers and logos, they could probably make 4 or 5 patches, so they'd only need 4 or 5 jerseys of the player.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Sick card! You are always taking a chance now a days when picking up patch logo's. It kinda sucks being a patch collector that you have to be on edge all the time. I recently picked up a WBC Johan Santana Logo and was kinda skeptical about it but one I got I clearly looked it over and there was absolutly no tampering with it so it was legit.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008

mlbsalltimegreats said:
Sick card! You are always taking a chance now a days when picking up patch logo's. It kinda sucks being a patch collector that you have to be on edge all the time. I recently picked up a WBC Johan Santana Logo and was kinda skeptical about it but one I got I clearly looked it over and there was absolutly no tampering with it so it was legit.

The one with the globe? That card has been talked about on here before, the patch is not located on WBC jerseys.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

flightposite said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:

The one with the globe? That card has been talked about on here before, the patch is not located on WBC jerseys.
Yes It's from the Red jersey that they wore. Upperdeck must have F'd that one up as the patch was clearly put in during manufacturing. I have 10 WBC so far and spent plenty of time comparing windows, checking to see if if the card was split, ect. ect.
It's always a gamble it seems like when picking up nice patch cards and so far I have been able to live with it.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I don't think that all of the patches are as full or nice as that one.

Some are from the numbers.

Also, think about the number of jerseys that a player wears in 162 games. I don't know if they have a new one for every game, but I sincerely doubt that they wear the same jersey for more than a month or two.

If this logic is correct, it wouldn't be too difficult for Topps to get a hold of enough jerseys to number this set to 20. Just think between the numbers and logos, they could probably make 4 or 5 patches, so they'd only need 4 or 5 jerseys of the player.

Most players have two sets of each jersey style. Some teams like the Yanks, Red Sox, Dodgers that have contracts with game used companies switch out every couple months. THey even say how long jerseys were used on site. I highly doubt he wore 20 jerseys in a season. Also, Beltran jerseys sell for a a lot of money. Mets sell gamers in house now, but did work with Steiner for a couple past seasons. I would ask Topps to prove where they bought the jersey. I consider any game used jersey card pretty much garbage. Until they prove to me where the jersey came from, how they obtained it, who authenticated it. This shouldn't be that hard. Print info on the back or catalog the jersey on website. I think we all know why they don't do it.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008

Does anybody have any scans of any of the other Beltran patches to come out of that set?

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008

Wasn't the auction posted recently, being sold by peopleschoice? If so, sorry dude, but that's 100% fake.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI

I've seen four with a full patch like that, including one pulled my a board member. Granted I think Topps should have done a much better job with these. That should be a 1/1, some of the better patches /5, and the plainer patches /15. Come on Topps you should know better by now.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008

KandKCards said:
Wasn't the auction posted recently, being sold by peopleschoice? If so, sorry dude, but that's 100% fake.

there was a thread on it, but it was not sold by peopleschoice.

And i totally agree with MOFNY... topps needs to number the nicer patches accordingly.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009

Even with that email I probably wouldn't have touched that card...if I'm not 100% sure it's real I generally don't buy it. It's a great looking card though.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY

mlbsalltimegreats said:
flightposite said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:

Yes It's from the Red jersey that they wore. Upperdeck must have F'd that one up as the patch was clearly put in during manufacturing. I have 10 WBC so far and spent plenty of time comparing windows, checking to see if if the card was split, ect. ect.
It's always a gamble it seems like when picking up nice patch cards and so far I have been able to live with it.

Scan please??

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

I asked UD about this patch I won a couple years ago, and they said that they believed it to be real...no numbering.

ivanmarlin.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

It arrived, and I checked it out with magnifying glass, and I can't see any tampering...
Along with Topps email, the fact it says game used jumbo patch, no evidence of tampering, seller had 100% feedback, buyer id not hidden, and seller said he pulled it himself, I feel pretty good about it!

Here's a nice scan of it!

beltranmets.JPG

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
No offense to you, but I can't believe people always say... "I looked at it and couldn't see any signs of tampering". Do people really think the big patch fakers would be able to get away with so much of it without knowing how to do it well? Granted, there are some people out there that are bad at doing it, but the ones that do the majority, know how to do it and do it well.

(Not making any commentary on the authenticity of the card in this thread one way or the other, just making a point on the subject).

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Very nice scan hofautos...I voted real in your earlier thread. That is a very tough set to be confident about and I'm sure it is a patch fakers dream...but with all aspects put together with your examination and the sellers ratings I feel it is a-ok ;)

Alex

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
Very nice scan hofautos...I voted real in your earlier thread. That is a very tough set to be confident about and I'm sure it is a patch fakers dream...but with all aspects put together with your examination and the sellers ratings I feel it is a-ok ;)

Alex

Thanks, that is what I was saying, with ALL things considered.

Members online

Latest posts