Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Billy Rowell Superfractor pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
That would have been a real nice pull 2 years ago. I dunno know what his stuff brings these days.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
That would have been a real nice pull 2 years ago. I dunno know what his stuff brings these days.

One of the few prospects I have "invested" in, so I follow him and his cards fairly well. His stuff has gone wayyyyyyyy down in the past year or so, but he has had a pretty decent start (repeating at Class A Advanced Frederick this year). The Orioles Message Board I follow is split on what will become of him, but I still think he can put it together.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Drats i was hoping not many people would notice haha though i knew that woulden happen

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
The BIN was $499.99 and wossa was the first to bid, so I assume his snipe is around there. I would guess 300-500

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Horrible timing, but I'm sure anyone would be very happy with the pull. Two years ago, they'd be crappin their pants.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
I got 450 in value for an orange ref right when the product came out. I think it gets 500 maybe 600 if he does something tonight.

thebigoriole81

Dec 7, 2008
I wouldn't bid on it. Rowell has looked horrible in his conversion to an OFer. I doubt he ever makes it to the Show...

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
thebigoriole81 said:
I wouldn't bid on it. Rowell has looked horrible in his conversion to an OFer. I doubt he ever makes it to the Show...

He's in the OF now. I didnt realize that. I had a bunch of stuff of his but unloaded it this summer. I truely thought highly of this guy but with his bad attitude and his current skill level has made me pretty lose all interest in the guy

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Two years ago: I'd guess $2000. A top prospect in the set. Economy was better, and Rowell was very hyped up.

Now: I say it ends for around $600. I think Rowell has time to get it together, but he has to get it together this year, if he is going to live up to his hype.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Nick1190 said:
Two years ago: I'd guess $2000. A top prospect in the set. Economy was better, and Rowell was very hyped up.

Now: I say it ends for around $600. I think Rowell has time to get it together, but he has to get it together this year, if he is going to live up to his hype.

He's only 21. I think he's got more than this year before you can hit him with the BUST stamp.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Nick1190 said:

He's only 21. I think he's got more than this year before you can hit him with the BUST stamp.

Yes, but he will be 22 next year, and it will be his fourth full season in the minors. At that point, it will be very hard to blossom into a top prospect.

From what Ive heard, Rowell doesn't have a great worth ethic, and doesn't seem too much about baseball. If that's true, what makes you think he'll care more about baseball after four very disappointing seasons?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Nick1190 said:
AKA Coastal said:
Nick1190 said:

Yes, but he will be 22 next year, and it will be his fourth full season in the minors. At that point, it will be very hard to blossom into a top prospect.

From what Ive heard, Rowell doesn't have a great worth ethic, and doesn't seem too much about baseball. If that's true, what makes you think he'll care more about baseball after four very disappointing seasons?

I completely disagree with the bolded.

Age isn't the only thing that matters. Look at Nelson Cruz if you need an example of that.

If he sucks this year but comes back next year and hits 40 homeruns, you don't think he would be a top prospect because you think being 22 is too old? What about guys coming out of college? Is David Price too old to be a top prospect?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Nick1190 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":7v598lan]
Nick1190 said:

I completely disagree with the bolded.

Age isn't the only thing that matters. Look at Nelson Cruz if you need an example of that.

If he sucks this year but comes back next year and hits 40 homeruns, you don't think he would be a top prospect because you think being 22 is too old? What about guys coming out of college? Is David Price too old to be a top prospect?[/quote:7v598lan]

+1

It seems like sometimes the bigger 1B/DH guys take a little more time to get it all together.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I love this argument:

AKA Coastal said:

Nick1190 said:
Yes, but he will be 22 next year, and it will be his fourth full season in the minors.

I heard in two years he'll be 23 and then think of him in 5 years, when he'll be 26!

Just teasing guys, but I had to laugh when I read it. :D

Members online

Latest posts