Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How did your favorite player, become your favorite player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I was just thinking about a good topic to ask on this crappy day, so I came up with this. My favorite player is Adrian Cardenas because he used to play for the Lakewood Blueclaws. I went to many games and I saw him play IP. I also met him many times and I always admired the way that he played the game. That is how he became my favorite player. So I ask you, how did your favorite player become your favorite player?

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
i just saw Cardenas play last week for the Midland Rockhounds. He is killing the ball so far this season. i hope he stays there for at least another month so i can try and get the pics i took at the game signed.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yeah, he is quite the player. He is hitting .405 with 7 doubles and a triple this year! If you can get something signed for me, that would be sweet! I will send some paypal your way if you can. LMK, Thanks man!

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Basically by subtraction/addition to my favorite team. Was a huge fan of Griffey and then when he cried like a baby and demanded a trade I decided to automatically become a fan favorite when Ichiro came to down. I used to own a ton of rare Ichiro cards, but sold them a while back when I needed the money and now I just can't see plopping down the kind of money his card demand now so I am just a fan of him more than anything.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I invested a ton in Bladergroen back when he was with the Mets. Looked like a legit prospect (.342 13HR 74RBI in 280AB's) before he was traded to the Redsox. I watched him play for the Barnstormers for a year and he was crushing the ball to start the year until a freak injury. Mariners saw potential and signed him over the winter ,so I'm back to following him in the minors. I'm a big fan of the comeback kids. I'm invested in 50+ players ,but he's actually a player I'm really pulling for to succeed.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
Cal Jr was my favorite player and then I followed A-Rod until the trade to the Yanks. Then I started following Nick in his Junior year and have followed him since. Currently I guess Brett Anderson will take over as my favorite.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Jeff Francoeur. Most likely the coolest MLB player I've met. Tommy Hanson is exactly the same way, but he's still MILB for now. So I guess that's one for each.

totran

Mar 25, 2009
i reentered collecting one year ago around this time in the year when i stopped collecting 89 upperdeck was king
i never owned a upperdeck card that year [they were too expensive]
when i came back i bought retail upperdeck and discovered single color game used. i thought i was rich until i bought a guide and discovered my one of a kind item was a common $8.00 card.
while out with the family i discovered my hobby store and bought a box of ud piece of history and was hooked i bought about 20 boxes until i could not get them anymore.
while in the store i had to buy something and bowman chrome was staring me in the face with joba on the box so i bought 2 boxes
when i got home i opened packs and was upset with an x fractor auto lars anderson. blue prospect this gold prospect that i figured 1/2 a box of crap.show me the star cards and rc's!
well several weeks later pricing came out and i discovered what i had.
this was the time i discovered card #216 evan longoria I had 1 and i now understood the power of the short print and how valuable those prospect cards are and can be. i bought probably 3-4 cases. yes the prospect autos where a draw but i was always happy to get another card #216 evan longoria. when i pulled his dual auto with david price he was officially my favorite player

Members online

Latest posts