Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you expect from Travis Snider (Career) Poll Inside!

What will Travis Snider Become?

• 30 HR 90 RBI .290 AVG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Figured I would remove my previous post :oops: :oops: :oops: I was concerned with his approach at the plate, and was just wondering if the flaws he has shown is the norm for rookies.

Let's get this straight I have alot of faith in TSNID and expect Dunn type numbers with hopefully less K's and a better AVG.

And was just wondering what others thought about him and if he can still win the ROY and not facing lefties.

What do you think will become of him (Career).

Thanks & sorry if my previous post offended anyone lol.

Shep :ugeek:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Re: Kinda Disappointed With Travis Snider..... + Poll

First off, the season is young, very young, so I wouldn't put too much into his current stats.

It's not uncommon for young players to take a full year to adjust and start coming into their own.

And, I'm not going to project what I think he'll do in the majors...because frankly...I haven't a clue.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

shephech said:
Believe me I am big fan of his.... But I see some glaring flaws in his game, he looks out of sorts against lefties (And against bad one's too) and I notice he chases high heat too much.

I know he has been known to K alot... but I am not sure how successful of a ML player he will be IF he can't figure it out.

Is this normal for a rookie? and Am I just worrying about him too much?

I would love to see a ROY, but if he can't learn to hit lefties he will only play like 110 games or so.... and he won't be able to put together MONSTER numbers.

I wonder if Cito is just gonna.... bring him in vs. lefties slowly, then again his numbers are still pretty impressive for 10 games 3 HR 9 RBI .290 AVG. I just imagine how much better his numbers would be if he learns to hit lefties better.

Anyways I do hope he will become a Superstar... Adam Dunn mold with a better AVG, just wondering what others think/feel.

Thanks.

Shep

I see him as the .285 35HRs and 110 RBIs. One thing I don't like is his position in the lineup. With the OBS of the 4-5-6 hitters I was hoping he would be in the mix a bit higher. I think he is better than people give him credit for both as a hitter and a fielder and think he is doing just fine progressing. Cito should move him up in the order and give him starts against lefties, otherwise send him to AAA to learn.

Let me put something in perspective:

How GOOD has Adam Lind been? I mean REALLY? He has been absolutely AMAZING and is the reason they are where they are in the standings (taking nothing away from Roy...i mean offensively).

BUT....let's compare SNIDER with Lind:

Lind: 54 at bats, 19 hits, 4 doubles, 3 HRs, 12 RBIs, batting .352 and slugging .593.

Snider: 31 at bats, 9 hits, 4 doubles, 3 HRs, 9 RBIs, batting .290 and slugging .710.

7 of his 9 hits have been for extra bases, he had the game winning homer last week, he has not grounded into a double play all year and has already been intentionally walked.

I think he is doing just fine :D :p :D

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin

Dude, you make it sound like he is a bust. The kid is only a couple of years removed from high school and he can rake. With playing time and experience he should cut those K's down. Must be all those years of being a Leafs fan (ie placing huge expectations on youngsters).
He will be fine, I expect that he will be amongst the leaders in the ROY race.

What disappoints me was the ho-hum reaction (from the Jays fans) he received at his MLB debut.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......

aarne13 said:
Dude, you make it sound like he is a bust. The kid is only a couple of years removed from high school and he can rake. With playing time and experience he should cut those K's down. Must be all those years of being a Leafs fan (ie placing huge expectations on youngsters).
He will be fine, I expect that he will be amongst the leaders in the ROY race.

What disappoints me was the ho-hum reaction (from the Jays fans) he received at his MLB debut.

No.... not a chance I don't think he is a BUST, like I said I see him being in the Dunn mold with hopefully a better average.... I just posted this asking if this is the normal for most prospects and I did see some flaws but I guess that's the norm.

But by the poll results people seem to think he is gonna be a bust.... must be because his last name is not Wieters haha.

Nice leaf reference lol.

Shep :ugeek:

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008

When you ask what he'll become, I assume you mean long-run and not 2009. If I'm correct assuming that, then I don't know what the hell people are thinking voting him as a 15 HR guy long term.

This guy is going to be a .275-30-100 hitter for a long time, with the potential for 40 HR any given year. Panicking over a a young left-handed hitter not hitting lefthanders in the first season of his career is just worrying for the sake of worrying. Jay Bruce hit .190 against lefties in the bigs last season (and a robust .091 so far this year) over a much bigger sample size, and no one thinks the lesser of him. Batting him 9th with no protection is not going to help, and it isn't a stretch to say he's one of the Jays' best four hitters RIGHT NOW. Get him up to the 6 spot and give him some baserunners. That way he isn't popping solo homers all over the place while Rod Barajas is walking back to the dugout after another groundout.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

pujolsjunkie said:
When you ask what he'll become, I assume you mean long-run and not 2009. If I'm correct assuming that, then I don't know what the hell people are thinking voting him as a 15 HR guy long term.

This guy is going to be a .275-30-100 hitter for a long time, with the potential for 40 HR any given year. Panicking over a a young left-handed hitter not hitting lefthanders in the first season of his career is just worrying for the sake of worrying. Jay Bruce hit .190 against lefties in the bigs last season (and a robust .091 so far this year) over a much bigger sample size, and no one thinks the lesser of him. Batting him 9th with no protection is not going to help, and it isn't a stretch to say he's one of the Jays' best four hitters RIGHT NOW. Get him up to the 6 spot and give him some baserunners. That way he isn't popping solo homers all over the place while Rod Barajas is walking back to the dugout after another groundout.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

I don't even know where to start with this post.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

I see him as a .284 BA, 31 Homers, 93 RBI kind of guy, with a lot of K's.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

Skorris CCBC said:
I see him as a .284 BA, 31 Homers, 93 RBI kind of guy, with a lot of K's.

I would be very happy with those numbers :D

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009

Gee, Tsnide isn't the next Albert Pujols- what a bust, NEXT!!

braden

Aug 7, 2008

You act like the guy is hitting 200/250/310 in 200 AB. Good grief. He has had 7 AB against lefties. Cito knows exactly what he's doing with Snider. He will gradually both move him up in the order and allow him to face lefties.

I'm honestly completely dumbfounded by this post.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

braden said:
You act like the guy is hitting 200/250/310 in 200 AB. Good grief. He has had 7 AB against lefties. Cito knows exactly what he's doing with Snider. He will gradually both move him up in the order and allow him to face lefties.

I'm honestly completely dumbfounded by this post.

I couldn't even come up with a response to this thread.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

If you are disappointed with Snider, let's put this in perspective:

He is having a better season than the following:

Upton
Sandoval
Bruce
Maybin
Bonaficio
Hanley Ramirez
Josh Hamilton
Chris Davis
Andrus
______ (insert young prospect here)

Statisically he is blowing away the competition with way fewer at bats......he has 20 less at bats than Hanley for example.

Feel warm and fuzzy now ? :D :D

MacK

Aug 7, 2008

WATER_DOG007 said:
brouthercard said:
Gee, Tsnide isn't the next Albert Pujols- what a bust, NEXT!!

How old was Albert when he first came up??

Listed and reality.