Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you do in this situation?

What would you do?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think this is the single most annoying thing to me about eBay selling...what would you do?

A guy makes a great offer (more than you expected to get) on your BIN listing, and you accept it. A day or two pass and then you get a message from him saying he doesn't want the item and requesting to cancel the transaction.

Take your pick:
A) Immediately cancel the transaction, get your fees back, and move on.

B) Message him back to try to talk him into honoring the commitment he made to purchase the item by completing the transaction. Whatever he ultimately wants to do is what you allow (either you do or don't complete the sale).

C) Message him or give him what you think is fair warning and then file a non-paying buyer case against him if 7 days pass and he doesn't pay.

D) Other...explain.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
something to consider

file for mutual cancellation- matter's done now/buyer prob won't leave you a neg

OR

if you npb the guy, he may get mad + neg you (he can do that if he responds to npb)

i'd just file mutual cancellation, ger your fees back + move on/resell the card

don't see how (b) will do anything to change his mind

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
The system only works if you fairly rate your eBay counterparties. If you don't neg him, he's free to keep doing this (or other similar things) in the future.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
The person is a non-paying bidder with no intention of paying for the card. Treat him/her as such and file and NPB.

Don't be scared of a negative on eBay.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
rainmanesq said:
something to consider

file for mutual cancellation- matter's done now/buyer prob won't leave you a neg

OR

if you npb the guy, he may get mad + neg you (he can do that if he responds to npb)

as much as id love to NPB him it sucks that he can retaliate with a neg and you cant so i would just get my fees back and move on as he said.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
chisox3706 said:
rainmanesq said:
something to consider

OR

as much as id love to NPB him it sucks that he can retaliate with a neg and you cant so i would just get my fees back and move on as he said.

This is exactly what I ended up doing and this is the reason why too. I figure he wasn't gonna pay for it no matter what, so why take the likely negative when I could just get the fees back and move on.

I just think eBay's system is a load of crap. It's set up so buyers have complete power over sellers and can basically do anything they want with no repercussions.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
A. You dont need to deal with the stress of going back and fourth and a possible negative. Then block him so he cannot do that again. Good luck!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
mlbsalltimegreats said:
A. You dont need to deal with the stress of going back and fourth and a possible negative. Then block him so he cannot do that again. Good luck!

Good idea, forgot to do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts