Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about '94 UD Mantle/Griffey AUTO.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Actually it's a few questions:
1) Is there a way to determine that both sigs are authentic? For instance, if someone pulled the Griffey auto and then forged the Mantle auto next to it to make it look like the combo or vice versa. Is there a different hologram or anything to distinguish between the 3 different versions?
2) I have seen this card come with the UD folded up COA. Where does that come from? They weren't in packs.

Thank you,
Brandt

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Sadly, there is no way to tell who actually signed the dual auto and whos was forged (if any).

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Kutzy said:
Sadly, there is no way to tell who actually signed the dual auto and whos was forged (if any).

As someone who pulled one of the dual autos back in the day... I believe if you look on the UD database and match the serial number it will tell you if its a Griffey only or Griffey/ Mantle autograph. That is if the database is still available!!!

The folded certificates would come directly from UD. back in the day you could call them and inform UD of the pull. They would then match up the serial number to a certificate and send you that cert. I did this exact thing as they really tried to make a big deal of the fact that the serial numberes are stored in their database and certs were available to the collector.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
A person at our local cardshow picked up the individual autos of both Mantle and Griffey and left the dual alone because he was told there was no longer any information available about the cards. He told me he tried to contact UD in an attempt to verify the dual but wasnt able to get anywhere.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
the ones with the cert are somewhat like buybacks from
2007 MLB Spectrum, UD reinserted them into packs

as for UD's data base, i really dont think it ever worked :eek:

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I would love to own the card but I am very skeptical. It seems like my best best would be to buy a slabbed version?

it seems ok to buy just the Griffey or just the Mantle correct?

Members online

Latest posts