Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Advice: Minor League Game Used Jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Alright, this item is very far out of my knowledge base so any assistance concerning it's authenticity or any information whatsoever would be very helpful.

Is the item real? (Meaning game worn by Chavez?)
Is it usual for a minor league jersey to be worn for multiple years and by multiple players?
Is the price Low/Average/Way to high?

Any other opinions or comments welcome.

Here is what I do know:
He did play for Visalia in the mid/late 90's
He did wear #7

Eric Chavez Visalia Oaks Jersey

Front:
Chavez1.jpg

Back:
Chavez2a.jpg

COA: (Very difficult to read, but it appears to be signed by the GM of the Rawhide (Formerly Oaks?) and states jersey was worn by Eric Chavez and Jeff Christy)
Chavez3.jpg

Here are a few cards which he is featured in a Visalia Jersey:
1997Bes1.jpg1997Bes2.jpg1997Bes3.jpg1997Bes5.jpg

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Is the item real? (Meaning game worn by Chavez?)
Is it usual for a minor league jersey to be worn for multiple years and by multiple players?
Is the price Low/Average/Way to high?

1: I would guess that it is. The COA is from the team (not unusual for it to be signed by the owner, as it is a low minors team), and the jersey itself is similar to the one that Chavez is pictured wearing. While a retail jersey could conceivably be purchased, I would not suspect it once coupled with the COA.
2: No, low level teams often use jerseys for multiple years, spanning multiple players. Even high level (e.g. AAA) teams do this, although they replace their jerseys more frequently. Nine years does seem a lot, but I really do not know just how long teams hold on to their jerseys.
3: It's a one of a kind item, and, while you might get the seller to go a bit lower, often times you just have to pay the asking price. You could email a lower offer now, buy it, or wait until it ends, hoping that nobody bids, and send an offer then. (I doubt that anyone will go for the buy it now.) Personally, I would email a lower offer but nevertheless bid if rejected.
I paid $115 for Gomes's first professional home jersey (far left in signature, bought outright from the original purchaser), $125 for a 2004 AAA jersey (middle image, bought it directly from the team a few months ago), and $195 for another AAA jersey, this one from 2007 (far right, charity auction during the game in which he wore it). Two other AAA jerseys from 2008 were also sold before I could get them (same sale a few months ago), also at $125.

Members online