Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anderson Silva's next fight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Dana said that his next fight will be against an elite light heavyweight. The rumor floating around, though unconfirmed, is Rampage. Can anyone say fight of the year? I like this. I think Silva will clean out the 205 pounders also. In my opinion Silva's the best in the world right now.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
aw00d05 said:
GSP, I think it'll be Rampage too, and hope to God it's not Lidell...

White said today that Chuck will never fight again. He's going to take an executive position with the company working to sanction MMA in states where it's still prohibited.

I don't want to see him fight GSP. I want to see him move up in weight not down and fight someone his size or bigger.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:
GSP, I think it'll be Rampage too, and hope to God it's not Lidell...

White said today that Chuck will never fight again. He's going to take an executive position with the company working to sanction MMA in states where it's still prohibited.

I don't want to see him fight GSP. I want to see him move up in weight not down and fight someone his size or bigger.
I know he can't fight GSP, I think GSP is better though, Silva can beat anyone in his division and any bordering divisions I think, Silva vs. Rampage would sure as hell be better than that crap last weekend.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
I really like that matchup because Rampage is an aggressive striker, which will get Silva into the action immediately instead of a fight like Silva's last where barely any punches are thrown. I think this will be a very interesting fight.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
yankeefan812 said:
I really like that matchup because Rampage is an aggressive striker, which will get Silva into the action immediately instead of a fight like Silva's last where barely any punches are thrown. I think this will be a very interesting fight.
Should be full of action unlike the Leites fight.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Come in slow? No way. I think Silva was just pissed about his last 2 opponents so he didnt give his best performances. I think that he thought neither one of them deserved to be anywhere near him in an octogan, and thought he deserved much better than Cote and Leites, so to kind of stick it to the UFC he didnt really give it his all. I mean come on, Cote and Leites? What a joke. If Silva is the best P4P in the world as some claim, he deserves way better than that, when everyone around him are getting super fight matchups. Then he is stuck with those 2 who arent going to the top of the division anytime ever. As far as Rampage beating Silva? Nope. Silva would stick him with so many quick leg kicks it wouldnt last that long. Silva FTW!

Aug 29, 2008
The only thing that worries me is what would Silva do if he beats Rampage?? Beating Rampage would immediately put Silva into contention for the LHW belt if he wants to stay there. Then what do you do with him?? I don't think fighters are able to fight enough for him to defend the MW belt and contend for the LHW belt at the same time. If he tries to stick at LHW then MW will sort of just tread water unless he decides to give up his belt.

rickysigai

Mar 14, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
Dana said that his next fight will be against an elite light heavyweight. The rumor floating around, though unconfirmed, is Rampage. Can anyone say fight of the year? I like this. I think Silva will clean out the 205 pounders also. In my opinion Silva's the best in the world right now.
-------------------fedor is the best-hands down no question about that. he has this year to go through which will be 2 to 3 fights if he wins those he hasn`t been defeated in a decade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yup 10 years without losing is very impressive. So the spiders little win streak is crap and Silva really hasn`t fought great people. He walks around at 220 so I would love to see him at 205.

rickysigai

Mar 14, 2009
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
The only thing that worries me is what would Silva do if he beats Rampage?? Beating Rampage would immediately put Silva into contention for the LHW belt if he wants to stay there. Then what do you do with him?? I don't think fighters are able to fight enough for him to defend the MW belt and contend for the LHW belt at the same time. If he tries to stick at LHW then MW will sort of just tread water unless he decides to give up his belt.
- he walks around at 220 so he can very easily fight at that weight. If he moves up they will jumpmake him give up the lhw belt and make the top 2 defenders fight. Like when Randy C. left he was still the champ at the time.

Aug 29, 2008
rickysigai said:
- he walks around at 220 so he can very easily fight at that weight. If he moves up they will jumpmake him give up the lhw belt and make the top 2 defenders fight. Like when Randy C. left he was still the champ at the time.

Thats the thing, I don't think the UFC will strip him of his MW belt. I mean he's already fought once at LHW and it looks like his next fight will be at that weight as well and I haven't heard any mention of stripping the belt. They gave BJ Penn the chance to own 2 belts so I dont know why they wouldn't do the same with Silva. After he fights the winner of Bisping/Henderson, Okami and maybe Marquardt again there really isn't anyone to challenge him at MW at the moment so I would be all for him giving up the belt and ending his career at LHW.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
rickysigai said:

Thats the thing, I don't think the UFC will strip him of his MW belt. I mean he's already fought once at LHW and it looks like his next fight will be at that weight as well and I haven't heard any mention of stripping the belt. They gave BJ Penn the chance to own 2 belts so I dont know why they wouldn't do the same with Silva. After he fights the winner of Bisping/Henderson, Okami and maybe Marquardt again there really isn't anyone to challenge him at MW at the moment so I would be all for him giving up the belt and ending his career at LHW.

There's no after nothing. He's cleaned out the MW division. Bisbing shouldn't even be in the discussion. He's not going to beat Hendo. There is NOTHING left for Silva at 185. NOTHING.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
i could be wrong but i dont think it will be rampage. he is looking at a title shot against machida or evans. i also though i read that white kind of lead everyone away from rampage in his interview after the spiders last fight because of this title shot. i would like to see the forest or the axe murderer go against silva. mainly because they can both take punishment and could suprise silva.

Members online

Latest posts